Change of Ownership

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A brief but sincere word of thanks for your efforts here, Jason, and for your patience and faith. These things are in short supply sometimes, but not within your character.

Dock, I wish you all the best in your new role. I'm sure you'll be terrific at it, assuming you can find your keyboard among all that tobacciana you own! Thanks for stepping up.

It's up to the rest of us to step up, as well. Ultimately the ownership and vitality of a board like this reverts to those who contribute and participate. I read about "board doldrums" setting in all over the world. It could happen here. It's up to us to see that it doesn't.

jhuggett":tdd2i9fw said:
I've decided to hand over Brothers of Briar to a new owner. Dock J. Perry has offered to take over the reigns so to speak and I don't think there could be a better person for the job.
I agree. And since Dock is running the show, I am confident that the board will not develop into another ASP. Therefore, I will resume participation.

This forum has a lot of promise. I hope that it flourishes.

Bill":89rpuu9a said:
jhuggett":89rpuu9a said:
I've decided to hand over Brothers of Briar to a new owner. Dock J. Perry has offered to take over the reigns so to speak and I don't think there could be a better person for the job.
I agree. And since Dock is running the show, I am confident that the board will not develop into another ASP. Therefore, I will resume participation.

This forum has a lot of promise. I hope that it flourishes.
Bill... You've honestly made my day ol' buddy! :D :D :D

Best,
Dock

Many, many thanks Jason. Can't express my appreciation adequately.

And best wishes, Dock and thanks for picking up where Jason left off. I have complete confidence in you administrating this forum.

TC

Thank you Jason and Dock, this is a very good forum.

Jayf

Jason,

Thanks for what you have done. Dock is a great choice for your successor. Congrats to him :cheers:

First Obama and now this!

Is nothing sacred anymore :?:

Well now that reigns have been handed over let this be your first order of business Dock. Nicknames, everyone wants'em! :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note, thank you Jason for starting this little community and opening my eyes to some serious Republican fervor and thank you Dock for stepping in to make sure it keeps going. :pipe:

Somehow I missed this thread the first time around. My apologies to both for not posting my thanks and appreciation earlier for the great job they do and have done!

Jim

Dang, this seems like it was a lifetime ago already. :lol:

As sort of an update it seems as though all wounds have pretty much mended and for that I am very thankful. Dock has done a wonderful job at taking the reigns. He solves problems quickly, makes informed decisions and has been a major factor the the success we have since seen.

There are also a great bunch of moderators here that are about as cool and calm as they come. When we get together to discuss issues that arise you would be amazed at the care everyone gives to every decision. Some real cool cats. Those guys, if you don't know, are Carlos, Puff Daddy and puros_ban.

I can't remember if this thread talks about it but I ended up having to stay on as an administrator due to technicalities involved with creating the board. I also retained ownership over the name "brothersofbriar.com". Mostly because I liked the name and if this didn't work out I was going to do something else with it. :lol:

Still Dock is the one running the show. He's like the CEO and the rest of us helping out are kind of like the board of directors I guess. Whatever it is it seems to work well now.

Of course this place wouldn't be anything without the members. So thanks go out to all of you for making this a fun place to be.

:cheers: