Change of Ownership

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuggett

Reaction score
I've decided to hand over Brothers of Briar to a new owner. Dock J. Perry has offered to take over the reigns so to speak and I don't think there could be a better person for the job. Dock is very active in the online pipe community as a whole and will bring much to the position and the board. I'll still have the Admin title on my profile for a bit while we get him settled into the cockpit but I am officially resigning from that position as of this post.

I hope you all will show him the support you showed me in the last few months. My decision to step down is purely because it doesn't fit my personality at all. It was my hope to only have to provide technical assistance when I started this place. I had run an alternate chat room for the Knoxcigar board for quite a while and thought my involvement would be little more than that here. I was a little silly to think that was going to be the case but it looks like I found a way to have my way. I get to be a member of this board, can offer up assistance on the operational side and not have to deal with the personnel side. :lol:

I think BoB can be as great as we want to make it and I give my pledge to continue to build a solid community, only doing so as a citizen.

Thanks again everyone and I hope no one feels as though this is a negative thing. I think it will be best for all in the long run.

I'm very sorry to see you give it up Jason, but I understand your reasoning. You have had the patience of a saint. You have done a fantastic job in setting this thing up and I both thank you and congratulate you for a fine job. You could not have picked a better person to take over. I salute your decision. Congratulations Dock.

I don't think any of envisioned just how hard something like this can be at times. I want to applaud your efforts. The board is fast. It's always there. The community simply needs a chance to grow and for some of us to learn.

Thank you, Jason! :D

Congrats to Dock for stepping up. :D

Jason I am sorry that things have happened to make you give up the board. I really enjoy this board and the members too. I have learned something about pipes or tobacco from just about every member here. But if you are going to hand the board over to anyone I too believe dock is the man. Congrats Dock.

There isn't a good enough way to say thank you for all you've done Jason. 8)

Jason,
I am appreciative of your starting up this board for us to use. I am sorry that your have had to deal with the BS side of it and hope that your enjoy your new role.

Dock,
Congrats on the promotion and all the BS that goes with it. Let me know if you need some hip waders as they can be purchased at the local Rural King. :D

Jason,
Thanks for all that you have done.
While I am not a regular poster, I am an avid reader.
Thanks again,
Bub

Jason,

Thanks for starting this board and all of your efforts in maintaining it. You have done a superb job and I can appreciate your decision to turn the reigns over to someone else.

I have no doubt that Dock will do an outstanding job in operating this board!

I look forward to your future posts Jason!

Mark

WTF? I done went and had all the right peoples bread buttered and was fixin to have you offed so I could run the show. Just F'n wonderful. Now I gotta go through all that again up in Mass to get Dock knocked off. :( you sure messed up my plans.

PS. Ummm errrr dress different tommorow and don't sit next to the window like ya normally do at Joe's Jug n Mug.

Thanks for all of the kind words guys and for the PM's of encouragement that some of you sent.I'm going to try very hard to make this a place that you want to spend some of your precious little free time at.Life for most of us has become increasingly stressful with the burdens of work,family and outside commitments all helping to weigh our collective shoulders down.I want this to be a place where like Cheers in Boston "everybody knows your name".Positive thought provoking disscussions will always be welcome here but rude and mean spirited banter will not.Ideally it should be like walking down to your friendly neighborhood tobacco shop and shooting the breeze with your buddies.

If any of you have concerns feel free to contact me straightaway.Rest assured that your opinion DOES count and any resonable request will be taken up with the board council...

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys.Let's keep up the fine work that Jason has started here and make him proud of the board he built :D

Best,
Dock

Thank you Jason, but who is this Dock guy?? :tongue: Ken
pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :king:

pipetongue1":rqt6e3ao said:
Thank you Jason, but who is this Dock guy?? :tongue: Ken
pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :king:
Dock? "never hoid of em"???

Pacem en confussion :lol:

Best,
Dock

D.J. Perry":xislbcdn said:
... I want this to be a place where like Cheers in Boston "everybody knows your name".Positive thought provoking disscussions will always be welcome here but rude and mean spirited banter will not.Ideally it should be like walking down to your friendly neighborhood tobacco shop and shooting the breeze with your buddies.
Thanks for the votes of confidence guys.Let's keep up the fine work that Jason has started here and make him proud of the board he built :D

Best,
Dock
In Cheers, there was Cliff and Normie and Sam... a former Sox pitcher :D , and Coach.....

Thank you Jason and thank you Dock for taking on this new role.

:D Paul

Jason,

Thank you for putting your heart and soul into this project.
There are enough good people here who will ensure that BoB will be something you can be proud of.

Years from now, a child will walk through Discovery park in Seattle, point to your statue next to that of George Washington, and exclaim, "My Grampa smoked a bowl with him."

Doc,
Congratulations.
When Jason called for a volunteer, every one but Doc stepped one pace back. :D

This would be a good time to thank all of yooz guys that have had a helping hand in the making of BoB. So here goes . . . . .

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Thanks! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Special thanks to Jason for being the creater of this fine vessel.
And welcome aboard Dock! Glad to have you steering the ship.

Really the thanks belongs to you all. Here's to a promising future! :D

Jason,

You've been great. Thanks for EVERYTHING you've done and provided us with here. Looking forward to still seeing you board side.

thanks again, brother.

Davey

Jason, thank you for all of the work you put into getting this board up and running, and all of the stuff you had to put up with while doing it. :cheers:

Dock, I'm so sorry! :lol!:

No really, thank you for stepping up so this place can continue to provide the information and entertainment it has so far.

Jason, thank you for what you've done.

Dock, well, you've stepped in it now. Thank you for taking over.

Jason,
I can understand how hard things have been around for you and I'm sorry things took a turn for the worse for a while. The good people of this board will rise up and this will be a great place.

Doc, Thanks for taking the reins, I raise a bowl of Maltese Falcon to your success.

Dan