Changes II

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
I feel like I've abandoned you guys, and really, I haven't.

For a quick update, the work I thought I had with my friend Eric doing computer stuff turned into my first "day" with him, he leaves, and gets in a motorcycle accident and was out for weeks with a concussion. He'll be fine, but I felt cursed.

Last Thursday my best friend, Hazumi my beloved chinchilla, died after a bad reaction with the anesthesia she was under for a routine tooth spur trim. I trust my vet when she says at 10 years old, with perhaps an unknown and undiagnosed issue, it's not entirely surprising, but we sure weren't expecting it. It was a wake-up call to my life and how I had been approaching many things.

Sure, I'm torn up, but I'm also feeling pretty good about what lies aghead. I'm not sure how. I'm not sure why. Change isn't my favorite thing, in fact, the most hated.

What I'm doing is addressing things I have been ignoring for a while. Bad habits, a bad mother needing ever-changing care that hasn't been resolved, and looking in to taking care of myself. I put a lot of energy, probably misplaced, into taking overly-protective care of everything BUT myself. A pet, friends, and feeding worry. It's not a healthy spot.

BoB, while I love it and those in it, becomes almost a trivial distraction especially at this point. Hearing the same arguments, petty instances of pride and prodding that goes on, while not exclusive to the posts, was not really something I got involved with. I tried and try to get along with everyone with reasonable approach--to great success, I might add.

The problem was and is the daily upkeep, being "on stage" for folks, and I can't handle that kind of responsibility right now. I'm wasting energy engrossing myself here, rather than taking on things that really need to be attended to. Work, personal life, grief, and getting ahead. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, and well...

...I'm not "quitting" the forum, but what I was doing before will be taking a long hiatus. I have a ton of people I love here, some of which I have methods of keeping in contact with so I do not go totally 'round the bend, and others who have supported me in my times of need. That means something. You all mean something. If I cannot be whole (or expected to be) here, there's not much point in pretending.

In summary, this is a GOOD place. Keep it that way, so, also be good to each other. Always. Reject the troublemakers, keep in line the childish, support those that put their effort into it and keep paying it forward. :heart: If necessary, get in touch with me.

Like last time, I'll be around when I can. There's your update, for all who through the woodwork have gotten messages to me wondering what was up. I'll be fine.

8)

Speaking as one who has all his life taken care of others and ignored his own needs, there comes a time when you must, for your own good, take some time for yourself. Please do that. Check back when you can. Take care of you for a change. Besy wishes.
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: 

More power to you Kyle, whilst I have missed you for sure, getting yourself straight is of paramount importance, we'll all still be here when you pop in, you go do what you gotta do mate, be thinking of ya, take care. :sunny: 

Hope all is well my friend.  If you ever need anything just ask.   I constantly live with change being in the IT field.   New technology or interviewing for a new job as I got laid off 10 days ago.   The only constant is change.  

Only way I cope is stepping back and look at the here and now.  I don't worry about the past.  The past will never change and set in stone.  I don't worry about things I cannot change.  All you can do lead a path the to future and sometimes that path is foggy.

Take care my friend!

-g

Kyle, you're awesome. When change comes, embrace it. You'll never know how much good can come from it otherwise.

Glad you're still around brother. Look forward to hearing from you more often when things get better.

You will surely be missed, but taking care of oneself is more important. Take care & best of luck.

I agree with the others; take care of yourself and stop in every once in a while!

"T"

Thanks for the update Kyle. I'd rather been wondering how you were getting on.

Looks like you have your priorities in place. Drop by if and when you can. And best wishes in your endeavours.

Cheers,

RR

You've been missed...you are in our hearts...always will be.

You know how to reach out to the ones you need...and we are all available.

Rock on, brother.

Walt

Glad that you checked in Kyle. I had thought that something was up. Next time you come over the hill give a call.

:evil: 

I've missed you Kyle but you have to do what you have to do. Take care, best wishes and good luck. :) 

AJ

I'm glad to hear from you and I applaud you taking the necessary steps to take care of yourself. Wishing you the best Kyle.

I like that everyone is just so honest on this board. Do what you need to do, sir. Come back when you're ready, but worry about yourself first. Good luck and hope to see you eventually...

Keep on rockin' in the free world, Kyle. This place'll be here if and when you're ready for it.