Charleston SC

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jogilli

Reaction score
I'm headed to Charleston in February for a week and have a question for some folks living there

I already plan on visiting http://charlestonsmoke.com and having a bowl and maybe picking up a tobacco jar if they have a natical designed one... been looking for a natical design for a while.. should have picked up the one I saw in Baltimore when I was there.. anyway ..

are there any other pipe/tobacco shops in the area worth visiting .. looking forward to some shrimp grits at Fleet Landing and Josifina (i think thats how its spelled) fried chicken, okra, and cornbread.....

tks
james

Thanks.. I put the wrong place down.. it was the smoking lamp I will be visiting.. one of the people I'm traveling w/loves oysters.. so I'm sure we'll put that down for a place to eat at

james

The Tinder box 177 Meeting Street has a far better pipe supply selection and as far as area restaurants are concerned do not miss Hominy Grill located by MUSC

Go across the bridge to sulivans island and once you get across the first eating place where the boats come in on the right is the best for sea food. I want to think its called nantucket

Hominy Grill - seconded. Awesome, awesome food! Worth the wait.

Oh, one updated. My wife had the shrimp and grits at the Hominy Grill - wow, they were simply amazing.

Have fun in Charleston.

Try the Charleston Crab Shack. The one on West Ashley was awesome. Dont forget to hit up some of the local breweries (which has become a hobby of mine with the beer explosion in the last few years), Holy City is the newest Palmetto, and Coast which is my fave of the three.

When ever I'm in Charleston, I always get my shrimp and grits (along with a bowl of she-crab soup) at Tommy Condon's and my oysters (fried, steamed or raw) at A.W. Shucks. Both these places have been around a long time and deservedly so.

By the way, Smokingpipes is about 120 miles north of Charleston up Highway US 17 if you've got the time and transportation.

Jim

Thanks everybody.. I think I'll have enough places to eat at now... and i just might travel up to smokingpipes.. we'll have to wait and see how the jet lag is and if they are open on Sunday...

james

jogilli":bstbsd56 said:
Thanks everybody.. I think I'll have enough places to eat at now... and i just might travel up to smokingpipes.. we'll have to wait and see how the jet lag is and if they are open on Sunday...

james
I'm sure you know this already, but in case you don't, the B&M name for smoking pipes is Low County Pipes. :)

I didn't know that.. thanks... make it a lot easier to find... looks like an awsome shop to visit

james

You must go to Kaminsky's and get one of their humongous desserts after you eat. Right down on the Market area.