Cheaper latakia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
This post was lost in the transition.
Latakia prices are rising. Sutliff, Cornell and Diehl and Gawith and Hoggarth are about $50.00 lb. Peter Stokkebye 310 at Pipesandcigars.com is about the cheapest and there's a "hidden page" to get the lowest price at $30.00 lb. link to PS 310. If you look here PS 310 by the ounce the price is higher. ($34.40 lb.)

Last edited:
The cheapest you'll find, but could be risky. Leafonly.com has a 1 lb. quantity on sale at $14.44 lb., but you'll have to shred it and remove stems, etc. It's also described as:
"This is a MIX of lower quality consistency leaf generated by the moving and packing of whole leaf."
I wish I knew how much usable tobacco I'd get per pound of leaf. I thought I might order two pounds, but shipping is $14.00. Here's my thought...If I only get one pound usable from two pounds of leaf, it becomes $43.00 lb. with a lot of time spent cutting the leaves, etc., when I can buy a lb. from Pipesandcigars for $30.00.

Last edited:
Kind of the depends on the cut you want. You have more options if you buy whole leaf. Personally I wouldn't buy the low quality stuff but maybe it will work for your needs.