Cheers from Portland

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Count Vajda

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a pipe smoker in Portland, OR. I've been piping for 30+ years but didn't really know what I was doing until I met Steve Books at Rich's Cigar in 2003.

Tonight I'm sipping a beer and enjoying Glass Slipper from Watch City Cigar & Pipe in a Castleford Pot while sharing my chair with one of our four dogs. This is a really wonderful blend with some flavors I don't recognize.

I mostly enjoy natural english blends and I use a rotation of about 30 pipes (most are Ferndown, Upshall, Ashton, or Charatan). Lately, I've been trying blends from Peretti, Wilke, and Watch City. Most recently, I really enjoyed Peretti's Tashkent and No. 52.

Cheers

Peretti blends are worthy of exploring. You might consider some John Patton blends via 4 Noggins. Unique and complex. Take it from the guy from Oregon City. PS: welcome aboard. PPS: we all miss Steve…one of a kind.

Welcome to the Group!! You're definitely on the right track with both your pipes and choices in 'baccy!! Love Peretti's and Watch City!! Tashkent = Awesome!!! FTRPLT

Welcome from one of the guys from Salem! It is hard to beat pipes with those markings. I only had the pleasure of meeting Steve Books once and that was after he opened House of Calabash.

Welcome to the BoB! Love Portland, even with Steve gone you’ve still got Rich’s—I’m very jealous!