Chestnuts Roasting

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peckinpahhombre

Reaction score
I don't like many aromatics, and find as I try more tobaccos that I like the aros even less and less (though I don't mean to cast aspersions on those who do like them - simply different tastes). Given my bent, it was with great trepidation that I ordered a small tin of Cornell & Diehl: Christmas Blend 2012 (Chestnuts Roasting) a few days ago.

The goods arrived today and I cracked the tin open. Delicious nutty smell from the tin. So I packed a bowl (no drying) and lit it up in my monster pete. I used to only smoke aros (infrequently) in cobs, but I have now devoted this pete solely to aros. It is my only "system" pipe and, indeed, the only pipe in which I actually use a filter (9mm). I have found that the filter and p-lip actually does dramatically reduce the bite of many aros, and makes them far more approachable from my perspective.

In any event, back to Chestnuts. What a delightful smoke this is. Very nutty all the way through the bowl, and the latakia in the blend actually does give it a very fine "woodsy" taste and scent. No idea what the room note is like, as I was alone in my office, but I can't imagine it is that bad.

Now, if I discover the wife likes it, this will be like winning the triple crown.

I liked it so much I just jumped back on smokingpipes.com and ordered 4 more tins. I could easily smoke this stuff all year, and it is purportedly only available while quantities last.

Give it a shot.

I've avoided Aro's since a brief, but tragic flirtation with Clan back in the 80's. I often think that maybe I should give 'em another go.

Nice review - thank you. You may just have swung it in favour of trying to pick up a tin and dipping the toes again!!!!

Good idea, my Christmas bowl is chosen, that way if I really like it I can order another tin. Well, time to break the seal :D