Chew

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like there's a good few chaws I'd like to try on Northerner's site.

Anyone have any experience with Red Man Plug, Mail Pouch, Beech Nut Wintergreen, Brown's Mule Plug, Work Horse, or Stoker's Wild Black Cherry?

I might see if the local tobacconist has any of these first before I go off the deep end into something I'm not familiar with. Still do want to check out Days O Work though.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":v23cyumj said:
Looks like there's a good few chaws I'd like to try on Northerner's site.

Anyone have any experience with Red Man Plug, Mail Pouch, Beech Nut Wintergreen, Brown's Mule Plug, Work Horse, or Stoker's Wild Black Cherry?

I might see if the local tobacconist has any of these first before I go off the deep end into something I'm not familiar with. Still do want to check out Days O Work though.

Cheers,

RR
I've had Mail Pouch and remember liking it, but that was nearly forty years ago when I was in the navy. My memory could be a bit foggy...

I haven't ordered from them but I've not heard any bad reports from those that have. I'm going to have to put an order in though as they're the only ones that have some of these.

Jim

I always enjoyed Redman Plug but it was not always easy to find. I also enjoyed Redman Golden Blend which I remember being a bit sweeter. Days o’ work Plug was typically on the drier side and a bit more challenging as a result. I only chewed Beechnut Wintergreen once. I liked it but it didn’t float my boat as much as Beech Nut regular, Redman, Redman GB or Levi Garrett. Levi Garret Plug was really good but super hard to come by.

Rande, did you ever get a chance to track down any of the old plugs you were looking for?

Jim

huffelpuff":5awoi2va said:
Rande, did you ever get a chance to track down any of the old plugs you were looking for?

Jim
The northerner site seems to have them all. But before I go and order anything I really should get something from the local smoke shop and see if I even like it. Just haven't had the interest lately I guess.

Cheers,

RR