Chicago Metro area

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzer

Reaction score
Hello, to all. This looks like a nice Forum.
I smoked a pipe in the 1980's when the classic blends were still made in the UK. I remember Balkan Sobranie Original, Sobranie Virginia, Rattray Highland Targe (made at McConnell in London), and many others that I can no longer remember!

Much appreciated. I haven't looked at the forum departments in detail yet.
However, I did see the Books section which is a nice thing. I love reading and buying books!
(And music and guitars as well!)

Currently enjoying filter pipes mostly.

Welcome from the high desert of Az. While in the Naval reserves back in the late 70s we flew out of Glenview NAS. Used to stay occasionally at the Conrad Hilton. Is it still there? Hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome Jazzer! I used to live in Illinois. Terrible summer or winter weather, but great people.

I hope you enjoy the forums!

Welcome Jazzer! I used to live in Illinois. Terrible summer or winter weather, but great people.

I hope you enjoy the forums!
Too True. My girlfriend hates the the summer and I hate the winter! Hahah!!

Welcome from the high desert of Az. While in the Naval reserves back in the late 70s we flew out of Glenview NAS. Used to stay occasionally at the Conrad Hilton. Is it still there? Hope you enjoy the forum.
Thanks, I've been through AZ once while driving across country. I like the picture in your avatar. Horses are quite beautiful.
The Hilton is still there, although I haven't been in Chicago proper for several years.

Thanks, I've been through AZ once while driving across country. I like the picture in your avatar. Horses are quite beautiful.
The Hilton is still there, although I haven't been in Chicago proper for several years.
Yes they are. This is my current boy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-154738_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20211031-154738_Messages.jpg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 68
Oh, he is quite a beauty !
Thanks, he is a slightly smaller version of my last horse Mickey, who was just under 16 hands, also a buckskin, and a dead ringer for the horse Buck that Matt Dillon (James Arness) rode in Gunsmoke.

Attachments

• 20200107_112447.jpg
    20200107_112447.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
  • 20200107_112450.jpg
    20200107_112450.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
Welcome to BoB Jazzer, any particular Jazz music era's you're into? Sorry being presumptuois from your user name.

Welcome to BoB Jazzer, any particular Jazz music era's you're into? Sorry being presumptuois from your user name.
Hello there!
Yes, there are particular eras of jazz, and musicians that I favor, but it changes over time. Maybe I can write something about it in the Music section.

Nice, partial to some Jelly Roll Morton and Thelonious Monk here, but as you say things change over time though those two are my perennials.