chicago pipe show 2009

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there Thursday afternoon to Sunday late morning.
Can't wait!
Picking up a few commissioned pipes from JT Cooke and Per Hansen, and on the hunt for a couple others.
Bringing some very rare pipes and tobaccos for some good old horse trading!

I've convinced my wife that we needed to hit Chicago for the "Cubs/Marlins Series" that weekend... Once we are there, we will just happen to notice that there is the pipe show going on, & well, we will HAVE to stop by. Muhahahahaha :twisted:

I've to come all the way from Europe, but I will be there. My first time! Hope to see you all there. :D

I look forward to meeting many of you there.The chairman of the show posted a
few facts today;there will be 315 tables,if you stop at each table for 1 minute that
will take 5 hours!Wear comfortable shoes,take lots of coffee breaks and have a plan.
They give you a map of the tables when you walk in,so figure out who you want to see first,second,ect.
I bring a shoulder bag for a laptop computer to put my stuff in,when it gets full I go
out to my car and empty it out.No good walking around with your arms full of goodies all day.
I go first to MacBaren and Samuel Gawith to make sure I get the limited edition tins
they have each year. :)

Winslow :sunny:

I just found out that I will be going to the show. A pipe show virgin I am! The show web-page mentions that you need to be a member of the Chicago Club. How does one go about that? Can I sign up at the show? I've tried emailing the club, but all my emails get rejected...

How fast do popular carvers sell out? Does one need to be there waiting in line at the preshow to get the best of the best?

I'm so excited I practically chewing on my pipe right now!

Smoke_House":uog5cyn0 said:
The show web-page mentions that you need to be a member of the Chicago Club.
I saw that also, but in the FAQ section it states they changed that, and all you have to do is pay the admission fee. Maybe someone else could shed some more light.

Depending on my work schedule, I'll be down on Sat or Sun. Only a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. Can't wait!!! :cheers:

I'll be arriving around 3pm on Thursday afternoon with 5 other pipe gurus. Hopefully I will get a pre-show table for Friday morning. Looking forward to seeing all the BoBs that can make it at the event.

:D :D :D

docwatson":lk4pw0pp said:
I'll be arriving around 3pm on Thursday afternoon with 5 other pipe gurus. Hopefully I will get a pre-show table for Friday morning. Looking forward to seeing all the BoBs that can make it at the event.

I tried to talk EJ into coming out with me but he chickened out! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justpipes":hml2hhhf said:
docwatson":hml2hhhf said:

I tried to talk EJ into coming out with me but he chickened out! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If DocWatson serves up some more of that Scotch I might be tempted. :drunken:

EJinVA":zb3gbrpd said:
Justpipes":zb3gbrpd said:
docwatson":zb3gbrpd said:

If DocWatson serves up some more of that Scotch I might be tempted. :drunken:
:drunken: :D :drunken: :D :drunken: