chicago pipe show 2009

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerdylan

Reaction score
Show Dates: MAY 2 AND 3, 2009
Show Times: SATURDAY, 10AM TILL 5PM
SUNDAY, 9AM TILL 5PM
Admission: $15.00 (FOR ONE OR BOTH DAYS).
Location: THE MEGA CENTER, PHEASANT RUN RESORT, 4051 EAST MAIN STREET, ST. CHARLES, ILLINOIS 60174. FOR ROOM RESERVATIONS, CALL 630-584-6300 OR 800-999-3319. MENTION THE SHOW FOR SPECIAL RATES

I'll be there,am saving $$$ for it already.

Winslow :sunny:

I'll be there also, reservations made last year. A great time every year.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Some questions regarding this show:
1) If I am not mistaken, is this not THE show in pipes and pipe tobaccos in the US?
2) How many vendors? How many visitors?
3) Do they have "events," or workshops, or classes, or guest speakers?
4) Is EVERBODY there, such as Erik Nording, Will Purdy, Greg Pease, Tom Eltang and Sven Bang? How about JM Boswell?

I have never been to a pipe show, and as a native Alaskan, I have never been east of Colorado. I REALLY want to visit Chicago, eat amazing Italian food, and watch kick ass blues bands in dive bars. Throw in a pipe show, and it would probably be EPIC!

If some of you have been to the show, maybe you could share two or three of your favorite things about it!

Thanks in advance,

Trout Bum

this is far and away the best and most exciting time. I have been to every show since 97 and I must say, every time has been an event! a couple years ago I saw bo nordh rolling out of the bar area and a very pretty lady walked by and we both paused and watched her walk down the hall, he turned to me and said something I won't repeat! I agreed with him emphatically and he laughed! you must go! its the pipesmokers mecca! bring lots of cash! I always spend too much though!

its held just outside of chitown in st. charles. good italian food, you say? chicago is the best area in the world for pizza! there is a small pizza place called waynes that is in arlington heights which is about 20 miles n of the resort and as a native chicagoan I must say its the best pizza I've ever had! I will be driving up there again this year! to all those who have never been, isn't it time? this year should be the year you attend!

Doc Manhattan":oe3oz4eh said:
vaperfavour":oe3oz4eh said:
chicago is the best area in the world for pizza!
Heresy!
I'm totally convinced Chicago is the pizza mecca,,,NOTHING compares to a CHICAGO PIZZA,,,

its not just chicago style pizza that is good, its the pizza from various places around chicago! ny style doesn't even come close! ny blech! chitown good!

"Chicago-style pizza" is certainly delicious. When I get to Chicago, my cardiologist will put a down payment on a condo after all the deep-dish I'm going to put away and wash down with Old Style. It's a beautiful thing.

(It's just not pizza.)

I'm kinda itch'n for another road trip.............

:D :D :D

EJ, Mapquest says I would have to run right up I-74/77 to get to Chicago. :)

Almost an identical trip as the NY Show. Approximately 13.5 hours for me.

Lot's of seminars. A golf outing. Pipe making seminar prior to the main show. Some sort of show related event from the Wednesday before till the Monday after. Don't forget organized events and shopping for the better-half's that might not smoke a pipe.

Justpipes":jn8zxhrm said:

"Tempt not a desperate man". :D

I'll have to start playing the lottery to see if'n I could win some cash to go. :D

Actually, I was thinking that I'll start saving for the Richmond show in October.

EJinVA":s4ccz5bv said:
Justpipes":s4ccz5bv said:

"Tempt not a desperate man". :D

I'll have to start playing the lottery to see if'n I could win some cash to go. :D

Actually, I was thinking that I'll start saving for the Richmond show in October.
I know.........I was just dreaming! I agree the focus shall be on saving for the Richmond Show. :D

I will be at Pheasant Run early Friday morning through Sunday night. :shock:

I will be there,I will wear some distinctive clothing so I can be known to you all.
When I figure out if it's a white carnation,a derby hat with an eagle feather,or a
golden cape with a jockstrap.........I will post it. :twisted:

Winslow":asfj2c3q said:
I will be there,I will wear some distinctive clothing so I can be known to you all.
When I figure out if it's a white carnation,a derby hat with an eagle feather,or a
golden cape with a jockstrap.........I will post it. :twisted:

Well, if I decide to make the run I will definitely be on the look out for you Winslow! :D