Chicago Pipe Show - 2019

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Just a bit of info for those who may be interested to think about.  Because open slots may be limited.

There will be a blending seminar this year hosted by a master blender from MacBaren.

A pipe finishing seminar on Wednesday and Thursday prior to the main show events.

Check the CPCC web site for the show flier, which may already be posted.  I have not checked yet.

PM me and I will get more info, if you cannot find it.

Thanks again to the CPCC email newsletter for that info.  The CPCC is always looking for new members.  

They have meetings coming up on:

February 23rd at Arlington Pipe and Cigar in Arlington Heights at 8pm.

March 23rd at 8 to 8 Cigar Shop

April 27th at 8 to 8 Cigar Shop.

Just called the resort to book my room. They were most unhelpful and had no idea what I was talking about. They wanted to charge me almost double for my room and had no idea of any type of group rate for the hotel. One of the Chicago guys on another forum shared this link to book rooms online. I thought I would share it as the room rates are correct for the show week.

Chicago Show Group Rate Hotel

Sorry you had trouble calling in. They have in the past scratched their heads, but usually figured it out quickly for me. But to be honest, I often went early. So I had multiple discount rates. To be sure the Pipe Club got credit for a couple nights. My other discount was better for the earlier nights.

300 tables are booked for this show.

I cannot make it. Too much stress and too much going on around here.

News! Winter Storm Warning. 4-8 inches of snow starting today and into tonight. Very heavy and wet. Hope no damage to the tent if it is already up. By the time the pipe seminar starts, weather should be 60F and slowly warming. Sunny for Friday and Saturday. Should be a good time. Bring a sweater or jacket for, just in case.

The CPCC show information website link.

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/

Perhaps next year I can get there and be a volunteer greeter or something. Practice for my next career of WalMart Greeter.

Stolen from last night's CPCC email (Thanks Tim G.);

There were four spaces available at the Blending Seminar. Cost is only $20 apparently.

You can help support the Wounded Warriors Project. Rick Ferrar from Briarville & Jeremy Filiciano from Briar Nation will be providing pipe buffing services at the show. What a cool thing to do!

There are four tables that have become available! Call quick if you want one. Must be a number on the CPCC website I presume.

If you are close, the CPCC can use your help with volunteer greeters and people to sign up tables for next year. It is something I should have looked into sooner. Still not sure that I could have been there this year. Too much stuff broke down in recent days and over-winter. I have contractors and service people coming. And I have no money. Oh well.

I have mentioned this before. Are y'all aware of the Great Lakes Smoke Show? I may have overlooked that they are on Spotify, Anchor and other online podcast providers. I see some of this on Facebook. And emails I think.

What you cannot find on the CPCC website, email me, PM me, and I will find out for you ASAP. Do not expect immediate answers. But I will try.