Chicagoland International Pipe & Tobacciana Show 2017

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
This is a link to the show web page and club site.  Main show May 6 & 7, 2017.  Activities actually from May 3-7.

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/2017-pipe-tobacciana-show-flyer/

A lot of stuff happening here.  The venue is a bit dated and being updated.  But the area location is good.  Lots of places nearby to eat and the Pheasant Run Resort has several restaurants.  They are remodeling some areas, so rooms may be limited.  I understand that rooms at the resort may be sold out.  I am a little tardy this year with the notice.  Been so busy.  The club is always trying to improve the show.  The employees at the resort have always been just super.  

Activities actually start on Wednesday.  Depending upon your interests.  There is always golf if you have spare time.  The resort has a course right outside.  It is almost always so verdant and lush when we are there.  If the weather is warm, it can be outstanding.  And I have never seen more than just a few on the course when I have had time to look out on it.  The free Friday welcome dinner has always been very good even though it is a buffet.  The pipe carving class may be full up.  (Not to be confused with a new meerschaum pipe carving class.)  The tobacco blending seminar should be on again.  I do not see it on the flyer, but there is a meerschaum pipe carving class.  Openings still available in the meerschaum pipe carving class.  Use the show flyer contacts.  The Cigar Dinner has changed a bit, with more food options and less free goodies.  Just a few modifications that should please more people.

They have had two smoking areas for gathering in.  The tent next to the Mega Center.  Also, the past couple years they opened an old family suite that is at the very end of the Golf Wings.  On the 2nd floor, but entered via stairs on the ground floor.  If that is available they may make use of it again.  Or it may be in the remodeling stage.  

Questions, please ask.  If I do not know I will get you in touch with who does know.  Check the show flyer for a bit more details.  

I usually go early just to relax.  Not sure I will make it this year.  (I gotta get dues paid also.)

I CAN"T WAIT!!! I'm bringing Heath with me this year. I'll be sharing a table with Joe Hinkle. So come by and say hi! :D

Lookin' forward to it! Usually I go to the pipe show and the pen show on the same day. Not this time - just the pipe show.

THE CHICAGOLAND INTERNATIONAL PIPE & TOBACCIANA SHOW
2017 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

WEDNESDAY May 3, 2017
9 am Pipe Making Seminar, Mega Center Annex, Pre-registration required
9 am Meerschaum Pipe Making Seminar, Mega Center, Pre-registration required

THURSDAY May 4, 2017
9 am Pipe Making Seminar, Mega Center Annex, Pre-registration required
9 am Meerschaum Pipe Making Seminar, Mega Center, Pre-registration required
10 am – 4 pm Sutliff Tobacco Blending Seminar (Tent) Pre-registration required.
4 pm International Charatan Collectors Society, Turquoise Room (Tower)
4 pm Society of Dunhill Pipe Smokers, Ruby Room (Tower)

FRIDAY May 5, 2017
9 am – 4 pm, Smoke and Swap, Tent (6 am vendor line up, 8 am set up)
9 am Chicago Bowl, the pipe smoker’s award tor aromatics opens in the tent.
9:30 am – 4:30 pm Champagne Limo to Premium Outlet Mall, Hotel Lobby
12 pm – 5 pm Welcome Table, Hotel across from indoor/outdoor pool
5pm – 7 pm Clean Your Own Darn Pipe! Presentation by Chuck Gray (Atrium)
3 pm UPCA Annual Meeting, Ruby Room (Tower)
7 pm – 10 pm Welcome Buffet Dinner, St. Charles Ballroom
7:30 pm presentations at Welcome Dinner
9 pm Ladies’ Tobacco Related Arts & Craft Program, Turquoise Room (Tower)
9 pm Rob Cooper, Pipe Collecting: Theory and Practice, McCardle Suite
9 pm Father the Flame World Premiere Showing, New Orleans Ballroom
9 pm Pipe Repairmen Roundtable, Sapphire Room (Tower)

SATURDAY May 6, 2017
7 am Exhibitor Set up, Mega Center
10 am – 5pm Chicago Pipe Show, Mega Center
9 am Chicago Bowl, the pipe smoker’s award tor aromatics opens in the Show.
11 am – 3+ pm Silent Auction, Mega Center
12 pm Private Ladies’ Luncheon for Exhibitors, St Charles Ballroom Salons 5 & 6
2 pm PipesMagazine.com Meet Up table, Tent
4 pm Pipe Widows’ drawing for hand knitted afghan
4 pm Smokers Forum Meet Up table, Tent
7 pm The Chicago Feast banquet, New Orleans Ballroom
9 pm Doctor of Pipes Meeting, Arnold Palmer Suite (Tower)

SUNDAY MAY 7, 2017
6:30 – 9:30 am Pipe Show Breakfast, St Charles Ballroom, Salons I, III, IV
8 am Study of Tobacco in the Bible (Tent)
8 am Exhibitor Set up, Mega Center
9 am – 5pm Chicago Pipe Show, Mega Center
11 am Chicago Bowl, the pipe smoker’s award tor aromatics ends..
12 pm Show Awards Presentation, Mega Center
1 pm UPCA United States of America National Pipe Smoking Championship, Tent

MONDAY MAY 8, 2017
8 am – 12 pm Post Show, Terrace Café Area

Please keep in mind that all of the above activities are
subject to change or cancellation, even at the last
minute, due to illness or unforeseen circumstances

The weather forecast here in central Illinois is looking like this time period could really be super nice up there for the show. It's 3 hours drive north of me. I have held off committing to go for various reasons. The primary reason had me up solving her computer difficulties till midnight, again, last night. Maybe for one night I can get up. I like to go days early and relax. Y'all go and enjoy! :sunny:

I plan on attending my 20th straight CPCC Pipe Show Thursday morning to Monday morning.  :shock:

daveinlax":s8734upe said:
I plan on attending my 20th straight CPCC Pipe Show Thursday morning to Monday morning.  :shock:
Enjoy. A slight chance of rain has crept into the forecast on Wednesday and Thursday. That time of year. But that is just a little nuisance.

Keeping an eye on the weather myself. Last year was pretty cool and rainy all weekend. I'm hoping we luck out and see some sun this year.

If you can get though Missouri, it looks like a bit of rain maybe Wednesday & Thursday. Kinda cool though the entire weekend, but warming a bit each day. There is a huge low pressure over the Great Lakes spinning the weather all across North America.

Missouri is a mess and could be a mess for some time if they get more rain. I44 is closed. Was closed. May still be, as I have not checked. A number of bridges are under water or ripped out by flooding.

Everyone travel safe!

Yuppers, Missouri is swimming. I've been supposed to be in South Bend Indiana for two days now, but can't get off the mountain due to rivers in the roads, bridges gone or roads gone.. Going to try today. Fortunately though, the setback means I'll be in spittin' distance of the pipe show. Perhaps I will jog over for a bit and browse, shmooze and whatnot.

Timing is everything......

More rain coming.  Flash Flood watches going up for tomorrow and Thursday in MO, central IL, and southern IL.  Plan accordingly.

Forecast for the show.  Some rain tomorrow.  Maybe a bit Saturday, but may be just that cool showery spring type of weather.  Take a jacket or two.  Maybe a sweater if you prefer.  The tent is usually heated.  Exposure out of doors is usually limited.

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Or....

Travel light, freeze at night.

The ol' farm truck is locked and loaded. Pipes, blends, supplies and other sundries ready for adventures, frolic, and general mischiefs.

But that is for another thread …..

Perhaps I will see some of you at the show!

I grew up right where I44 is closed in Hazelgreen. It reopened late yesterday from what my sister said. Still no fun in that part of the world, though. This is the worst flood ever in that little bit o' Missoura. She is coming today to stay with the kids for the weekend. Luckily she can get here with no trouble. There were a few moments of sheer panic this past weekend that she wouldn't be able to get here because of the flooding.

Great to see Scottie and Heath. Always great to have the chance to meet someone in person and put a name to a face! Also, thanks to Jiminks for the D&R tobacco reccomendations. A grand time was had by all! :king:

daveinlax":snm7l44k said:
Well the four day weekend is over and here's what I came home with. :shock:
fullsi11.jpg

Still iffy for me. Contractor shows up Monday to roof and side the house. Lots to do.

I would have moved your post to the 2018 thread stickied above, but I cannot move posts. :sunny:

I plan on being there bright and early next Thursday morning. :shock: