Chicagoland International Pipe & Tobacciana Show 2018

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
The official show flyer page.

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/2018-pipe-tobacciana-show-flyer/

I probably should have done this sooner.  A really great event.  Pipe making/finishing classes are on May 2nd & 3rd 2018.  Main show  is May 5th and 6th 2018.  The May 4th Friday events start at 8am with the "Swap & Smoke".  A free Welcome Dinner is that evening.  A more formal dinner takes place Saturday evening with registration information on the flyer.  Food and drink should be available in the 6000sqft tent starting Wednesday 1pm, May 2nd 2018.

A personal opinion word.  Pheasant Run Resort had plans to tear down part of the older wings.  There may be some new rooms.  Some remodeled.  Others a bit dated.  So expect the unexpected.  A lot of folks like the tower.  I have never stayed in the tower.  There is a lot to offer in the area.  So if it's better coffee you are looking for, a place can be found nearby.  We had been using an old apartment at the end of the Golf wings as a 2nd lounge.  I do not know the status of that for this year.  Keep your eyes open for a mention of any other lounge areas that may be less crowded.  Just saying.

There is a silent auction on Saturday, where I have picked up numerous items from great makers.

Any questions that the flyer does not answer, ask and I will try to get you an answer.

Past show threads.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t34587-chicagoland-international-pipe-tobacciana-show-2017
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t32720-chicagoland-international-pipe-tobacciana-show-2016

Many more can be found, and some photo threads exist in the Round Table and the Photo forums.  Pipes Magazine and others do great work with photo threads.

Take a jacket. Maybe a warm one. The smoking tent should be heated. But it's forecast for a low of 30F one night. All the inside stuff should be comfortable.

I plan on arriving for my 21st straight CPCC show Thursday morning. In years past they reduced (at request??) the cleaning fee for the show and a group of us chip in to cover it so we can avoid the tent and the owners suite at night. :shock:

Looks like after some rain/thunderstoms on Thursday, that the rest of the weekend will be outstanding weather. A little cooler on Sunday with the high in the low to middle 60'sF

Rain Thursday into Friday early. Highs in the low 70'sF. Should be great.

Looking less like me making it up there. The contractors are here tearing the house up, as they often do. I am doing some needed repairs to phone lines, hiding satellite TV cables. Trying to not be a pest. I may drive up for a day. If not, y'all have fun! :sunny:

Holy cow, some of those are expensive! A lot of money lost there. Terrible news, hope they find them....

What a shame. Everywhere a scammer and a thief. Sad to see this and hopefully they catch the culprit(s)

Apparently $40,000 in cash was also stolen from the victim. He had picked up the pre-arranged amount from a Chicago bank and was making his way into the show when robbed in the parking lot. That's a heavy hit. Questions arise.