Childhood Hero Dies

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Captain Lou Albano passed away today. I grew up watching his when it was still the WWF. A sad day indeed. Who's next? Roddy Roddy Piper, Brutus The Barber Beefcake, The Million Dollar Man or The Iron Sheik?

albano2.jpg

You and me both. I still remember his anthem, "when I'm on the scene everything's alright, captain lou, captain lou albino."

You know about roddy piper and cancer right?

:( :( :( RIP Captain Lou Albano

I can't say that I still follow rasslin, to me it isn't what it used to be at all.

You mentioned Roddy Piper, how about a classic moment!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N2LNmaTuztg" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The other parts of the match are there too!

I remember Captain Lou as a WWF Superstar... and Cyndi Lauper's promoter... and playing Mario on Super Mario Bros. Super Show... and even decades later, selling tire on a local (Westchester, NY) cable commercial. O Captain, my Captain, rest in peace.

Captin Lou was one of the best! I grew up watching all those guys too. Don't forget Hacksaw Jim Duggan or the Junkyard Dog. RIP Cap'n Lou

shadrack":o022w4c4 said:
Captin Lou was one of the best! I grew up watching all those guys too. Don't forget Hacksaw Jim Duggan or the Junkyard Dog. RIP Cap'n Lou
Hacksaw is still around, I saw him pissing off Canadians (which isn't hard to do) on RAW recently. What I never understood is why he carried a two-by-four, held it up, and yelled ho!!!!!

I always wanted to meet him so I could explain that it needs a metal part at the end to be a ho.

Heard about it this too... very sad.

My favorite Capt Lou role, however, was as Frankie the Fixer in the classic movie Wise Guys. I still don't know why this movie wasn't more popular.

-Andrew