Christian Bros Sacred Bond Brandy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
California- Bottled in Bond brandy, four years old, 100 proof. Aged in white oak bourbon barrels, this brandy is small batch distilled in copper pot stills the same way it was over 75 years ago. Notes of apple, caramel, vanilla, and wood spice. At Total Wine $24.00, but not in Total Wine's MN stores.
Found a bottle today at Morelli's, my favorite liquor store, meat market, butcher shop for $11.00. May open the bottle tomorrow.

10965837217822_360x.png

Prices vary across the country. Here it's $70.00 a bottle.

I also picked up a bottle of Selvarey White Rum for $10.00 at Morelli's; at Total Wine, $30.00, higher elsewhere.
Pro_1615223076_17487.png

Last edited:

Christian Bros Sacred Bond Brandy​

California- Bottled in Bond brandy, four years old, 100 proof. Aged in white oak bourbon barrels, small batch distilled in copper pot stills. Notes of apple, caramel, vanilla, and wood spice.

10965837217822_360x.png

I'm sipping some right now. I wish my sofa had a seat belt. My first time with 100 proof bottled in bond brandy.It's tasty but without ice or water, it has to be sipped slowly.

Hate to be the one who burst your bubble...But CB Brandy is not made in California, not since the 80's at least. The Brothers sold the operation (which is now the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone, St. Helena, Ca.). The brandies (no wines anymore) are distilled at the Heaven Hill Distillery in Bardstown, KY.
I was stationed in Sacramento, Ca in 1969. Did several "wine probes" while there, including hitting the CB winery in St. Helena. Just a few years ago we were touring the wine country with family who suggested dinner one evening at the CIA in St. Helena. We pull up in front of the huge gray building; the first thought I have is "I've been here before!!" Walked in, ordered glasses of wine awaiting our table, when it finally hit me...This is the old Christian Brothers winery!!! Quickly confirmed with one of the staff!! My family members were quite impressed as they had dined there on previous occasions & had no idea it was the old winery!!
Dinner was devine in all respects; not inexpensive, but outstanding in all respects!! FTRPLT

Hate to be the one who burst your bubble...But CB Brandy is not made in California, not since the 80's at least.
This is a copy and paste from the Total Wine web page:

Christian Bros Sacred Bond Brandy 750ml

California- Bottled in Bond brandy, four years old, 100 proof. Aged in white oak bourbon barrels, this brandy is small batch distilled in copper pot stills the same way it was over 75 years ago. Notes of apple, caramel, vanilla, and wood spice. Best used in cocktails.
BRAND Christian Bros
COUNTRY United States
STATE California
SPIRITS TYPE Brandy & Cognac
SPIRITS STYLE Brandy

SKU 183524750-1

It is definitely a Heaven Hill brand. On the bottle it says distilled and bottled by CB Vineyards, Parlier, CA and underneath Bardstown, KY. Here's the P. R. release, below.
https://kybourbon.com/heaven-hill-b...ian-brothers-sacred-bond-bottled-bond-brandy/

Last edited:
Interesting!! Other sites say it's produced/distilled and aged in Calif., then sent to Bardstown for bottling!! Gotta' look up Parlier, Ca. as that seems to be where it's distilled. I stand corrected!! I don't even know why I care!! I don't like Brandy or Cognac!!! FTRPLT

I'm guessing it's distilled by O'NEILL WINERY & DISTILLERY 8418 South Lac Jac Avenue Parlier, CA, 93648

"At O’Neill, we are proud of our brandy and spirit production capabilities. We produce over 5 million proof gallons of brandy and dessert wines a year through our continuous column and pot stills, which give us the flexibility we need to allow our Master Distilling Team to continue innovating throughout the entire distilling process."

Last edited:
I phoned O'Neill this afternoon at (559) 637-7026 and asked if they were the distillers of Sacred Bond. "Thank you for inquiring. We produce brandy for many brand producers. I am not at liberty to answer your question. You might want to inquire with the bottler." I'm not at all surprised I got that response.

Last edited: