Christmas Music.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Any of you boys have a favorite Christmas song... or Christmas song performer in general?

My favorite would have to be "O Holy Night" for sure.

Bing Crosby. I have a few of his radio shows on vinyl.

Also, the Longines Symphonette's complete treasury of nostalgic holiday music - Christmas at the Fireside. I have two of these box sets on vinyl. The 2nd I recently picked up and is in much better condition that the 1st. Has the best mix of songs that I remember from my youth. Done in a manner that does not sound like a modern hip-hop mix.

I happen to really enjoy "Cool Yule" by Louis Armstrong

But it isn't Christmas until i hear Bing Crosby and White Christmas

I really like "Christmas Must Be Tonight" performed by Robbie Robertson. It has been my favorite for a long time. I also love "Mary Did You Know" and "What Child Is This" performed by many different artist.

To many favorites to mention....do have about all the Celtic Women cd's...had the pleasure to see them in person on occasion, absolutely out of this world!! We tend to enjoy the older renditions (vocal and orchestral) from the 40's, 50's, & 60's; but do enjoy Mannheim Steamroller and the Trans Siberian Orchestra (saw them last Sunday). :santa: FTRPLT

Nothing feels like Christmas so much as seeing snow and hearing the Vince Guaraldi score from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Doc Manhattan":2d6mleim said:
Nothing feels like Christmas so much as seeing snow and hearing the Vince Guaraldi score from A Charlie Brown Christmas.
Thanks for mentioning that Doc! That is my wife's favorite and she has been playing it daily for about a week now. It is very good!

Bruce Springsteen's "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" is just down right fun and festive!

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but since you asked, my favorite Christmas song is "Who Put the Dick on the Snowman" by Rodney Carrington

Mike

pipemaker":kn6ja0d9 said:
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but since you asked, my favorite Christmas song is "Who Put the Dick on the Snowman" by Rodney Carrington

Mike
Mike you suppose to have accompanying YouTube :lol:

The Time-Life Treasury of Christmas has all the old favorites on it.
These bring back fond memories of childhood. I remember my mom playing the original vinyl versions while we were decorating. We had an old console stereo (real solid maple cabinet) where you could stack 5-6 records and just let it play out, then flip over the whole stack and go again.
Heres a link to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Time-Life-Treasury-of-Christmas/dp/B00005NOZH/ref=pd_bxgy_m_img_b

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

pipemaker":4db9cjn8 said:

Mike
I knew we could count on you Mike!!!
:lol!: