Cigarillo suggestions?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fazby

Reaction score
It's been three weeks since a cigarette. I still like a work-break during the day though and some very short smokes work nicely. No, I don't inhale them other than by accident (these little buggers feel like a cigarette in size) which is not pleasant.

I have tried:
Panter - a bit too mild. Tasty though.
CAO Brazilia "mini" - nice and more medium
Romeo Y Julieta white box - mild medium
Davidoff Nicaragua "mini" - medium (may be the winner thus far)
These about ten minutes (perfect!) and are around 3 inches and ring size
about 20-ish.

Also tried:
Hoyo de Monterrey Excaliber - 4" ring 24. These last about 20 minutes. Very good, but would prefer a little shorter smoke. This is 3" would be nice.

Tried some Macanudo Ascots, (4" x 32, bit that goes to a half hour plus - too long.

Thinking about:
La Aurora Leoninos Chico 3.1 x 20
Partagas miniatures 3.7 x 24
Camacho cigarillos 4 x 20
Sancho Panza Matador 4 x 24

Would like something at the full end of the spectrum as it is a quick smoke. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

I can recommend the Comacho cigarillos, quite tasty but they take longer than ten minutes to smoke though. 

Might have to steal your list for some shopping ideas. :)

Cheers 

Tim

For a ten minute smoke, I just smoke Garcia Vega Miniatures. They're rolled too tight though. Using a good cutter on them helps. I gave up on premium small cigars; they just aren't that good for what they cost, at least to my palate. Yes, I've tried Romeos, Macanudos, Hoyos, etc. Maybe if I inhaled it would be different.

If you are looking for smokes just around the 10 minute mark that are about the diameter of a cigarette (slightly bigger) then I would suggest:

Romeo y Julietta: Red, white, and blue ( you said you already did the white but the red and blue are stronger)
Montecristo Petites (Tin of 10): White and Classic (Yellow)

I also second what someone said before me: Camacho! Soooo good and so many options. The difference is they aren't really petites, they are more like half coronas. So instead of 10 minutes, it would be 20-25. You could always smoke one half, put it out, smoke the other half later. That is not usually something I would ever suggest with cigars but these are small and don't really "develope" over the smoke, so I see them as more straight forward. If you do smoke half and save half, make sure to blow out through the cigar after you put it out. This is called purging and it helps keep the taste of the cigar from going stale/sour.

Thank you, all! Feel free to use the list.

The R y J ones have me confused. Twice I have been told that the red and blue were stronger, but this is what I see at seller sites:
White: medium to full-bodied, hearty yet smooth.
Blue: mild and extraordinarily smooth.
Red: mild to medium-bodied with a sweet aroma.

Thanks for the reminder to purge, Kaitlyn. One question: just let the purged stick go out, or clip off the lit end? (I normally finish cigars, so while the theory is familiar, the practice isn't.)

I know this is an old thread, but I'm new here and just poking around. These are a 38 ring gage, so they might be a little big for you. The El Credito El Perrito War of Flavors. These are fantastic smokes. The ugliest things in the world. The whole thing is hand made, not just the wrapper being had rolled on. The filler and binder is hand bunched and the wrapper is hand rolled on. SUPER UGLY. super tasty though. They run about $2 a piece. Haven't tried these in around 5 years, as I've been almost exclusively pipes. Worth checking out.