Classical guitarist and smoker

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Scanlan

Reaction score
I currently have over forty briar and meerschaums, I play classical guitar at a few restaurants in Portland, Oregon. I used to have a pipe club I could go to once a week but they stopped meeting, I'd love to have a group to meet with again. I'll be at the Chicago Pipe Show next month, hope to see you there!

I currently have over forty briar and meerschaums, I play classical guitar at a few restaurants in Portland, Oregon. I used to have a pipe club I could go to once a week but they stopped meeting, I'd love to have a group to meet with again. I'll be at the Chicago Pipe Show next month, hope to see you there!
Greetings from a classical pianist/composer in So. Cal. How unusual to have classical guitar music at a restaurant, I'd go if I lived closer. I'm trying to resist buying more pipes - it's a bit like watch collecting in that sense.

Welcome from the middle of the country!

I love classical and folk guitar and have murdered my way through many a passage.

Can we say, "Classical guitar rocks!", or is that a contradiction in terms?

Book

Welcome from the middle of the country!

I love classical and folk guitar and have murdered my way through many a passage.

Can we say, "Classical guitar rocks!", or is that a contradiction in terms?

Book

Some pieces rock, I play an Etude no 11 by Villa Lobos that's like metal on the classical guitar, super resonant bar chords.

Welcome from East Tennessee!
Welcome-from-Tennessee-Post-Card.jpg