Cleaning up some estates for a friend.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've introduced a buddy of mine to pipe smoking, and he had me clean up some old estates he found laying around in a shed.

He handed me three pipes, one of which was plastic, and all were covered in cobwebs. One even had a spider in the bowl :shock: The two smokable pipes were an old cob and a Falcon-esque semi-bent briar.

Let's start with the briar.

Nothing really seemed wrong with it, other than the creepy ass spider that was living in it! It's a replaceable briar bowl on a nylon base made by a company called Coolmaster. It has a stinger filter that was coated in coagulated tobacco juice, and the bowl had a thick uneven cake that reeked of latakia.

The cob looked kinda bad, but was just really dusty.

After cleaning out the cobwebs, I noticed that this pipe was unsmoked!  It has to be 20 years old, but the inside of the bowl looks brand new! I suspect that it's a Missouri Meerschaum but can't be sure.

Now they look all nice and shiny and are ready to smoke!

ThatKidWithTheFace":7st6156m said:
I can see the pictures. Are they still not showing up?
Not yet !! Just the little squares that show a pic is supposed to be there. :twisted:

Good job on the clean ups. That cool master is an interesting piece, and they seem to be coming back into style.