close encounters of the moose kind

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_bHMUV2sFL0" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just have to add my story from last year..I had my video camera in hand, but things happened so fast that I forgot to open the shutter,, so its black , and you can hear me cus, and then my feet running.

I was in the shop , and the kids bus rolls up, and they go inside, and change into chore clothes
Then all of a sudden, our dogs out back are barkin like crazy, so I hollered at the boy " What the heck are the dogs barkin at ?"
He comes into the shop, and says,, (TOO CALMLY I might add) "Theres a moose in the goat pen"
So, Im thinkin what the ?? he's kiddin me,, but oh no , he's serious..
So I take a look and sure enough , a bull moose ,is eatin hay out of the goat feeder. And the goat pen is small,, with a high back fence.

To make this long story short, it ended , with me thinking I could outrun a moose.
Luckily , he was wanting outa there, as was I , but there was a 40 yard stretch of grass with a long shop and impassable brush on the sides,,, While I was sprinting I turned to look for him behind me,,, but he was side by side with me.

We measured it at 9 ft, the distance between him and me, as we both sprinted.
He headed to the creek.
That was an adrenaline rush , that I havent had in a long time

Back when I was teenager I was deer hunting in NC mountains. I was in my favorite spot backed up to a tree in some mt. laurel, hiden you could say. Any way I fell asleep, I wake up with a doe sticking her nose in my face. She scared me, I scared her, she blew snot all over me and ran like hell. No shooting envolved, just cussing cause of snot in the face. That day of hunting was over. Back to the video, I think that moose didnt want nothing to do with the arrow after checking it out

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ixyA49jX_XI" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The moose looks kinda bummed and/or confused here.
Like they rehearsed this scene for a few times, and then this big hick jumped out of nowhere and ruined it all...