C'mon - somebody hit the Buy It Now button!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell shipping is only 49.99. It's a bargain all the way around!

I would snatch it up in a heartbeat, but it may not be an acrylic stem,,,,

Amazing that someone who collected such stuff didn't guard against oxidation. A simple loose sleeve would have done it, or a dark drawer or cabinet.

Getting it back to jet black without creating a step in the shank/stem joint is impossible, and removing the step without major surgery on the pipe itself (presuming you'd want it undetectable) would also be impossible. Sad.

First thing I thought of when I saw that pipe was, "Why would you let a pipe like that oxidize?".

Might be worth it, if they can prove it was used to assassinate Lincoln....

jhuggett":o5h82mpt said:
First thing I thought of when I saw that pipe was, "Why would you let a pipe like that oxidize?".
That was my first thought too Jason. Great minds think alike :lol: . If mine it would go straight to George at Precision for a buff up.

It's an amazing pipe and made at the height of Bo's career. I don't expect it to be avilable for long. With the favorable exchange rate between the dollar and the euro I'd expect to see it go to a collector in Europe.

My question is weather or not it will be smoked by it's new owner or not?.....

jhuggett":c6y96bk2 said:
No kidding! It's a beautiful piece, but what a shame. Personally, I think the asking price is a bit optimistic, considering both the condition of the pipe and the present market, but you never know. The thing has a bit of grain...

When I was visiting Bo in 2002, he was in the process of making what he considered his finest pipe ever. It was a Ramses, and exhibited the most amazing grain I've ever seen. Much more importantly, Bo told me it was the most amazing grain HE had ever seen. I tried to imagine what it would be like to work on something that precious, knowing that every stroke of the sandpaper could reveal a flaw that would destroy the value and the beauty of the piece. He spent 13 months on it. I saw the finished pipe. It was spectacular.

The same seller has a Sixten Ivarsson bamboo shank billiard that's currently sitting at about $450. It's not nearly as impressive as the Nordh, but it has a beautiful, understated elegance, and is a wonderful piece of history.

-glp

Beautiful pipe, but it could never bring me $11,500 worth of pleasure. This may explain why I don't own any pipes worth over $100.

-Andrew