Cobfoolery (aka, pimp my cob)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need something with some bling on it, something Flavor Flav would sport.

I'm going to get some fake gold foil and wrap my cob bowls in it at the next local pipe party.   I get a ton of sh!t for smoking cobs, mostly because they know I couldn't care less.  

I'll call it the "Cob Grill"  

Packin heavy, tampin' light with a bowl of Carter Hall,
Makin' S Bangs envious think they standin' tall.
Creep up on suckas with they fake-a** straight grain,
Flashin' cob bling-bling like a smoke-o-motive freight train.

:frikkafrikka: :recordscratch:

2djplatines.gif

Even better would be to put a white dot on the stem and in your best deadpan insist with indignant offense that it is a fine and epensive Dunhill.

Puff Daddy":bjrjc05b said:
Even better would be to put a white dot on the stem and in your best deadpan insist with indignant offense that it is a fine and epensive Dunhill.
I'm going to shoot down the middle here and probably a white dot AND gold foil. :p What's worth doing for effect is worth over-doing. Right? :cheers:

One guy here locally has problems with positively interacting with people. He found an ugly and filthy troll doll, tattered clothes and a cob pipe, and keeps wanting to run into me to present it to me. Said (to others) it reminded him of me, and he hardly knows me well enough to joke around like that. The workers at Tinder Box were kind of put off by this little surprise joke, them knowing the cycle of crap I've been going through (lack of work, money, my mother, etc), knowing it would upset me, so I got a heads up. The guy has enough money to buy pretty high-end pipes, looks down his nose at everything, and makes a point of it. One in every crowd.

If it weren't for him, I'd have fun clowning around with the situation and following through with the Ghetto Cob Pimpin'. I don't have the healthy mindset these days for it.

8)

When he does present it to you with his bullshit air of pompous "Better than you" smugness, look him dead in the eye right there in front of the entire room and say "Look, your wife came to me, I didn't go looking for her. Trying to belittle me won't make your dick any bigger or keep your wife from banging on my door at night. Maybe you should see a doctor instead of following me around." :)

Puff Daddy":528pv6yv said:
When he does present it to you with his bullshit air of pompous "Better than you" smugness, look him dead in the eye right there in front of the entire room and say "Look, your wife came to me, I didn't go looking for her. Trying to belittle me won't make your dick any bigger or keep your wife from banging on my door at night. Maybe you should see a doctor instead of following me around." :)
nuts.gif

Cheers,

RR

Puff Daddy":iybgaaui said:
89206d1350908826-salikomediaa-apply_cold_water_to_the_burned_area-145373.jpg

Perfect.

Thanks for the link sdj. There are some great suggestions in these vids, but it will take awhile to go thru and watch them all. I noticed in one of the vids where Scott from Sparky's pipes is doing some staining, he is having difficulty getting even coverage. These vids can help save a lot of time with experimentation and ruined pipe parts, so some very valuable info here.

Thanks for those links. That's really cool. I'm gonna have to get some of those going on.

Thanks for posting this up. It's got me inspired to start my "Coblin" project. I'm going to build/paint a cob that draws it's inspiration from Trevor Talbert's Goblin line of pipes.

Puff Daddy":rdc37lqc said:
 Perfect....PD does come up with some great comebacks!

I'm not nearly as detailed and witty in person to say things like that as I would be in text, sadly.  :lol:  

It's not severe enough to merit a pop in his jaw (nor am I 18 any longer), either.   I'll just avoid the situation for long enough that hopefully his eagerness to apply the joke will burn out his passion for it.  Until the next one.  

There's a quite a few lost souls that buzz around the Tinder Box here that have various social inadequacies.   It's Reno, miserable sh*t talkers and angry people abound.  90% of 'em have a biiiig yellow stripe runnin' down their backs.   It's best to just avoid them...they were defeated long ago.

8)

I like the cheap unfinished cobs. They stay cooler. I wonder if they disperse heat better or if it just cooks the walls. I never notice any excessive burning though.