Coffee shops....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Aint nuthin gets me more upset than when I walk into a coffee shop and order a double caramel cappuchino with just a dab of cream and some sprinkles and they bring me a caramel latte... What'd they think I am some kinda fufu frilly boy or somthin?

puros_bran":6sla1qa0 said:
Aint nuthin gets me more upset than when I walk into a coffee shop and order a double caramel cappuchino with just a dab of cream and some sprinkles and they bring me a caramel latte... What'd they think I am some kinda fufu frilly boy or somthin?

:lol!: you are a mad man

i can't believe they have outlawed smoking in coffee houses, here in Indiana. I'm pretty sure coffe was invented by 2 guys, so they'd have something to drink while they smoked!

I can understand your displeasure! Big strong truckers should never be confused with "fu fu frilly boys"! :darklord:

Ah! Nothing like an iced skim soy mocha latte to put hair on your chest! :afro: Did you get the Tofurkey and egg-white-substitute whole grain high fiber McMuffin? That kind of stuff makes me want to sit down and watch a UFC cage match, really gets the ol testosterone flowin :flower:

From the text on PB's new avatar, it looks as though tofenison is in order! :lol!:

:cheers: Save the animals, buy your meat from a grocery store where no animals were harmed.... :cheers:

puros_bran":lpfzz4ou said:
Hey, what's wrong with a caramel latte???? :lol!: Oh wait a minute I drink a ice blended caramel mocha with wipped cream. :lol!:

Now see MikeM is a real man... none of that Fufu Frilly Boy Latte crap for him.... :D

"I wanna cuppa coffee-flavored coffee" !!

..................................stolen and paraphrased from Denis Leary

rick":x5dkxapj said:
"I wanna cuppa coffee-flavored coffee" !!

..................................stolen and paraphrased from Denis Leary
Rabble rowser! Anarchist! :bom:

I like good old fashioned Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory :cheers:

A latte—short for latte macchiato, i.e. 'stained milk'—is what my grandmother used to give me for breakfast when I was a tot. A glass of scolded milk "stained" with a short slug of coffee, not too much or I would get hyper.

A cappuccino, on the other hand, was brown coffee "cowled" with a white hood of cream, like a capuchin friar. That was a more formal, more public selection. The kind of thing elderly gentlemen and dignified older ladies would order in those formal, wainscotted old cafés in Venice or Milan, where everybody spoke in whispers and ladies would daintily sip espresso demi-tasse with their hats and gloves on.

How did these stately Italian customs from the era of spats and net-veils become icons of America's urban youth culture??? Mysteries upon mysteries. The longer I live, the less I understand anything.

They´ve done the same here in Mexico- that is, banning smoking in public places. Imagine THAT?! Mexico is where spring breakers come do do what they never would be allowed in the US, you know, anything goes... I have found a few places, though, within walking distance from home that have patios outdoors for smokers. I bring my most "social aromatic" and nobody has complained yet. As for coffee, I prefer it black, no "frilly stuff" for me, hahaha.

Roast my own beans; only dark, oily thick stuff for the Mrs. and me. No fu-fu chit for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

Fresh ground Columbian 8 O'clock Bean with a hint of half N half for me & the Mrs. (even ranked pretty high in Consumer Reports Mag). Not bad @ $3.50 for a 12oz bag.