Cold French Press Coffee, Heated

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Did an experiment last night, drinking it now. About 8:00 last night, I filled my French press with grounds and water, then stirred thoroughly. Before I went to bed, about midnight, I stirred it again.
This morning, I slowly forced down the plunger and poured the cold press coffee into a Pyrex measuring cup, then heated it for 90 seconds in the microwave. It tastes pretty good, very smooth.

Cold brew helps to alive some of the acidity by not heating up the grounds (or some kind of magic science in there). I'm a big fan of cold brew during the summer months, never tried actually heating it up though

I love cold brewing. I go through too much coffee when I do it, though. I do it in the fridge and stir whenever I think to do it, so several times. I do it both in a french press and then sometimes just a big glass and then use a filter in the top of a 2-liter bottle I cut off. I never heat it up either, but I would if I wasn't that lazy. I prefer cold brewing and the lesser acidity, but it isn't always convenient enough to do all the time.