Colibri Goes Out of Business

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great. :no: I have 2 of their lighters, a single torch cigar lighter and an Edison pipe lighter. They've performed flawlessly for me but because of their reputation for frailty I've babied them. That's probably why they still work like they're supposed to, I'm not careless with them. But now, if something does go wrong will I be able to get them repaired somewhere? That bugs me, a useless lifetime guarantee.

Oh well, I wanted a new Xikar pipeline anyhow :lol:

That figures! Goddamed useless ligters break every year or so! Now there's no where to get the bastids fixed! I think I'll buy another IM Cornona to go with my Porsche and Dunhills. I'm sure both of my Colibris will break before the weekend! :x

Danish_Pipe_Guy":itx9fvoh said:
That figures! Goddamed useless ligters break every year or so! Now there's no where to get the bastids fixed! I think I'll buy another IM Cornona to go with my Porsche and Dunhills. I'm sure both of my Colibris will break before the weekend! :x
Dock, before you go shelling out the dough for another Oldboy, consider the Xikar pipe lighter. All of the durability of Oldboy except Xikar has a *real* guarantee. I checked one out at the local B&M and was highly impressed. They were recommended to me by Doc Brown during a discussion on lighters.

Half the price of an Oldboy. I'm getting one. Oh, and the company is is Kansas City rather than someplace across the pond.

CLICK HERE

Well, that settles it. I'm gettin' a Xikar pipeline! Thanks for the heads up on these Bill and Jim!

Bill":sr1zk5jr said:
They needed to. Their lighters suck.

:cheers:

STORY
Yes, Bill. Do tell us how you feel! :lol!: :lol!:

I say Zippo pipe lighters all the way will rule the day! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've been using the same $8 Imco butane lighter for at least 8 years and have never had a problem with it. I can't remember exactly when I purchased it but at least that long ago maybe more.

I got tired of messing with fuel bottles and adjusting the flame.

MATCHES are 100% reliable and consistent.

I keep a pudding cup full of them to my right and the empty box to my left.

Been trying to teach the Border Collie how to use them. Keeps dropping them. Gonna burn the house down.

For ME, Old Boys go fine for about a year then the jet clogs up and the flame gets dicey. Nothing worse than a dicey old boy.

thomas james":a8xf8n6x said:
I got tired of messing with fuel bottles and adjusting the flame.

MATCHES are 100% reliable and consistent.

I keep a pudding cup full of them to my right and the empty box to my left.
That's prolly a wise thang for ya Teege!

:lol!:

I've had 2 Colibris that have broken within 2 months. I use matches now. I got sick of always playing around with the right fuel, adjusting the flame, electro ignitor, etc.

I flick a bic most of the time, nothing special to maintain or worth any tears if it gets lost. The flints are awesome to use in a Zippo when the bic dies

Bill":j6s3gvld said:
They needed to. Their lighters suck.
:cheers:
STORY
'nuff said...............Ive never been so bitter towards a company.
The market has spoken.
Good riddance

I have some no-name butane lighter that has a czech tool built into it. I love that concept, but the flame only ignites about every 4th or 5th time, which makes it go through butane super fast.

Allways been a Zippo fluid person, But arn't they producing a few butane lighters now, although they may just be makin cigar torches. Fluids still have 100% replacement or repair, and wholly madein good ol USA. :cheers:

Bruce

Never Forget!

While Colibri's torch lighters for cigars all suck, I have two of the Colibri Morpheous pipe lighters and haven't had any problem with them although I've only used Colibri fluid in them..dunno how they'd work with something like Vector, but to be on the safe side I just bought a ton cans of Colibri fluid on ebay before it's no longer available...

I can't seem to find Xikar pipe lighters anywhere... anybody point them out?

milantobacco.com has the pipeline xikar lighter
two guys smokeshop
usalighters.com
onthefly.com
cigarmony.com