Color and contrast?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tin man

Reaction score
I think it would be easier to read the forum if there were some slight color differences to contrast the different boxes and areas. Just a very humble suggestion. I know these things take time. Your time and effort to get this far is already much appreciated. (inserts thumbs up emoticon :) )

We can definately play with the colors. I can change the whole theme with a click of a button or I can drill down and change individual areas like that text and window backgrounds. Any colors in mind?

No particular color in mind, other than staying away from white on black or other eye fatiguing shades. Just looking for some contrast really. Hope that makes sense.........

I think if the text could be black it would help alot. Right now the text is light gray and difficult to see. I will let others chime in for suggestions too.

Are you saying I didn't chose the most manly colors??? :lol:

I'm not very good with things like that so I cheated and used an online color picker.

tin man":suoz151x said:
Much better ,now lose the flesh tones :D
:lol: You could have started out with, "just make the text black."

How's this then?

jhuggett":znotikgo said:
tin man":znotikgo said:
Much better ,now lose the flesh tones :D
:lol: You could have started out with, "just make the text black."

How's this then?
Sorry about that. I didn't realize that the text was light grey until you changed the color. Anyway, its a lot easier to read. Thanks for all of your effort!

I think if the borders were a different color than the text, then that would help too.

I promise to stop pestering you now :face:

honest, I do . . . . . .

Gettin a little brassy there tin man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT!

Of course your input is welcomed.

:joker: tj

tin man":nkhu5bsv said:
I think if the borders were a different color than the text, then that would help too.

I promise to stop pestering you now :face:

honest, I do . . . . . .
You mean the borders on the main page?

Carlos":wehpzezs said:
The new message icon notification thingy could be brighter. I have trouble seeing the red apparently.
I'll look into that Carlos. It's an image file so I'll need download the existing one and make some changes to it then repost it.