Community Coffee - DEAL

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I readily admit I’m a proud coffee snob.  I roast my own beans and I’m super picky.  A year or so ago I tried Community Coffee while playing with blending Chicory into some of mine.  It’s a NOLA ‘thing’.  I was immediately hooked on Community Coffee. I ended up as a “member” at the Community Coffee website where they frequently do very special discounts.  Stellar.  They focus on blending full flavored, rich, semi-dark yet smooth profile...for a very decent price...and they totally succeed.  

My favorite blends are their Signature Blend and the slightly brighter New Orleans Blend.  I go to bed eager to wake up the next morning for that glorious first cup of the day.  

I was cruising Amazon the other day instead of the Community Coff website and stumbled on this...a 32 Oz bag of whole bean coffee for under $20 shipped via Amazon Prime.  They have a thing using an additional $5 off discount to bring it there.  I’d never tried the Louisiana Blend...but soon I will.  Hot damn.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CV33831?ref=ppx_pt2_tab_b_prod_image&th=1

Now that is a hell of a great deal. I’m not a big coffee drinker at all. But my goto blend is community. I’m more of a medium roast guy myself. I’m not a big fan of the very dark roast burnt tasting blends.

Well suh, you in my neck of the swamp with dat one!

Drank community for years, but recently they got just too proud of it.  Only grab the double caffeine when it’s on sale.

I was a real community fan when they had a blend called hotel blend. Easily the best coffee I’ve ever had. But like all good things, it got discontinued.

eggman - the thing about Community Coffee is that the blends are not to the smokey point (I haven’t tried their French Roast though).  They’re more like what I would call City Blend.  Not even to Full City.  

Valdus -  What!  No Hotel Blend?  I better toss out the bag I have in my cupboard then.  Check this out...

PS: they’re selling it in a wide variety of sizes, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Community-Coffee-Ground-Hotel-12-Ounce/dp/B002C58RS8

I am tempted.

But. Call it OCD. Coffee should always be sold by the pound. Or mulitiple pounds. 12oz packaging reeks of rip-off to me. So I try to always avoid it. At least they offer the larger packaging. I would find it easier to try it, if I could get 1 pound.

Carlos":gjmvhf1v said:
I am tempted.  

But.  Call it OCD.  Coffee should always be sold by the pound.  Or mulitiple pounds.  12oz packaging reeks of rip-off to me.  So I try to always avoid it.  At least they offer the larger packaging.  I would find it easier to try it, if I could get 1 pound.
LOL - Carlos...I’ve never seen an outfit that has more “size opportunities” than Community Coffee.  They offer the industry standard 12 Oz and 16 Oz plus 20oz in some blends and then there’s the 32 Oz and 40 Oz jumbo bags.  The thing is to check out the size and multi bag deals via Amazon...still shipped out from CC central and shipped free via Prime. And signing up on the CC website will get offers for things like 30% off all items and sometimes free shipping.  If you think that a 12 Oz bag is a rip-off...I typically buy several bags at a time for under $5 a bag shipped and have gotten 20 Oz bags for the same price on occasion.

And here’s a shot from this morning for valdus who lamented the fact that they didn’t offer their Hotel Blend any longer.  My little B&D two cup brewer with my choice of this morning’s blend...

Carlos":o7o9wl91 said:
I am tempted.  

But.  Call it OCD.  Coffee should always be sold by the pound.  Or mulitiple pounds.  12oz packaging reeks of rip-off to me.  So I try to always avoid it.  At least they offer the larger packaging.  I would find it easier to try it, if I could get 1 pound.
When i started roasting my own i realised that it loses weight when it roasts and at first i thought well that is why the "pound" bags are only 12 oz, but then realized that surely no big company only does a pound at a time lol. Never understood the 12 oz pound. Coffee is my drink of choice any time of day.

I grew up in New Orleans and will admit to being a bit of a coffee snob as well.  Because of my background I acquired a taste for chicory blends.  My absolute favorite is Union. It has a bit of a unique flavor with what I can only describe as a 'choclatey' finish.  I order it a dozen bags at a time to optimize the shipping costs.

https://reilyproducts.com/products/union-cc-city-12-oz-bag/

mcyu6s.jpg

I’ve not tried Union, though I’ve heard of it. My Chicory coffee trials have been with Community and French Market. Though I found it OK I do prefer straight coffee. To each his own.

I can't drink any of that stuff it gets me like really sick I have to drink high quality roasted coffee show my buddy of mine that roasts or I get really sick although I do like some chicory in my coffee