Comoy's 409 Tradition Restored

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
I finished another Comoy's this evening, this one a shape 409 Tradition. It only needed a mild clean-up. I think that I have the pictures straight on this one!

Full details:
https://rebornpipes.com/2016/09/24/comoys-409-tradition-restored/

I bought this with the intention of reselling it, but now, I don't have that shape and it looks pretty good, so....

Before

comoys_409_tradition_before-1.jpg

comoys_409_tradition_before-4.jpg

comoys_409_tradition_before-2.jpg

After

comoys_409_tradition_finish.jpg

comoys_409_tradition_finish-2.jpg

comoys_409_tradition_finish-3.jpg

comoys_409_tradition_finish-4.jpg

comoys_409_tradition_finish-5.jpg

comoys_409_tradition_finish-6.jpg

comoys_tradition_finish-8.jpg

That's a pipe anyone could enjoy smoking. I've never had a pipe that smoked better than an older Comoy's. Their bits are the most comfortable ones ever put on a pipe. IMHO. For me the old Comoy's sit at the pinnacle of all pipes made in a factory. Al you did fine job cleaning that beauty up. I'd bet after you smoke a few bowls through it that it won't be for sale. A great find and a job well done. :)

AJ

Absolutely cracking classic pipe, and outstanding resto as usual, Al.

My congratulations on both accounts.

Can't believe I missed this thread!

Another great restoration Al, and one of my favorite shape to boot. I'll bet it smokes great and feels wonderful in the hand.

8)

Cheers,

RR

Do you know of a cheap place for a micro mesh set? I see them for around $25-30. From 1200 to 15,000.

Zeno Marx":drg4em1w said:
Do you know of a cheap place for a micro mesh set?  I see them for around $25-30.  From 1200 to 15,000.
I buy the 3" x 6" sheets from Amazon, unpadded. They are about $3/sheet but last forever.
The sets don't do me any good, I only use the 8,000 and 12,000 highest grades. I use 1000,1500 & 2000 wet autopaper before that, the crossover to the lower grades of micromesh is pretty close.

riff raff":i92abdpz said:
Zeno Marx":i92abdpz said:
Do you know of a cheap place for a micro mesh set?  I see them for around $25-30.  From 1200 to 15,000.
I buy the 3" x 6" sheets from Amazon, unpadded. They are about $3/sheet but last forever.
The sets don't do me any good, I only use the 8,000 and 12,000 highest grades. I use 1000,1500 & 2000 wet autopaper before that, the crossover to the lower grades of micromesh is pretty close.
Good to know. Thanks. Makes smart sense.