Comoys Blue Riband

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highpockets

Reaction score
I have a couple of these pipes which I acquired several years ago. Somehow I could never get into them. Are there any ardent fans/owners of Blue Ribands out there? I think that lots of my other pipes put them to shame. Just curious.

They were good pipes, back in the day (1975).

A lot depends on when yours were made. If old enough, they could have been made by Comoy (3-piece "C" inlay in the stem), by the Cadogan cartel in a factory elsewhere in England, made in France, &c.

A lot just depends.

:face:

Neil Archer Roan of A Passion for Pipes fame is a collector and talks about them and photographs them quite a bit. They do seem to sell for a pretty penny.

Here's a link to his photos. http://www.apassionforpipes.com/comoy

Maybe seeing one of those Blue Ribands being loved by someone else will change your mind about them. Then again, that didn't work for me and my wife.

Thanks to you guys. I am going to reexamine them. Like you said about your wife--maybe if someone else thinks they are great I might get excited.

I do love the older Comoy pipes, especially Blue Ribands. If you decide you don't like them, let me know! I might be interested in a sale or trade.