Comoy's Cask 7

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have and I like it a lot, more than LBF, in fact. The flavor is bolder and tangier and the cavendish is less intrusive, in my opinion. I have only a small sample now, but there will be more.

I tried this one as I looked for a cheaper alternative to Escudo. I found both Cask 7 and LBF lacking. Both are good blends, but not bulk alternative I wanted. Cask 7 bit if rushed and to me LBF just lacks enough body. Dunhill Rolls and Davidoff Flake Medallions come the closest, but neither are cheap.

That said, Cask 7 is a good blend. And for the price it definitely deserves a try by all interested in VAs and VaPers.

Ocelot55":pizbjzc7 said:
I tried this one as I looked for a cheaper alternative to Escudo. I found both Cask 7 and LBF lacking. Both are good blends, but not bulk alternative I wanted. Cask 7 bit if rushed and to me LBF just lacks enough body. Dunhill Rolls and Davidoff Flake Medallions come the closest, but neither are cheap.

That said, Cask 7 is a good blend. And for the price it definitely deserves a try by all interested in VAs and VaPers.
The black cavendish in both Cask #7 and LBF is too prominent of an addition to compare with Escudo, which doesn't have any at all. Escudo is really good stuff and I haven't found anything that could replace it.

Okay, I just got a tin of this stuff.

I love the packaging. The airtight foil underneath the lid is quite innovative. I'd never seen that kinday of seal before, but it's very effective. When I popped the paint can lid off, the pressure from the foil seal blew the lid into the air!

The tobacco looks just like PSLBF, but quite a bit moister. It doesn't really take very different either, but I've only had one bowl so far. The jury's still out...

Ok, after about a half-can, I am starting to get a picture of this stuff.  It is the least VaPer-y VaPer coin I've tried yet. The Per is more fermented fruity than peppery, and the Va is a mellow sweet. It has very little to do with either PSLBF or any other of the spun cut Cavendish center tobaccos I know. It literally falls apart out of the tin, so rubbing out is about the only way I've tried it. Dried it is more similar to PSLBF, but still a sweet VaPer rather than spicy.

I don't really see it as an alternative to others in the genre, but rather a separate option. I don't know if it's something that will figure much in my cellar, but it's a nice variation on the theme.