Concerning Cavendish.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
When dealing with cavendish I have noticed blends with 'brown' cavendish seem to get better ratings/sales than those containing 'black' cavendish.

Why is this?

good question! in my experience I occasionally buy those large bags of golden cavendish from the local drugstore , you can't beat the taste! I love the smell of black cavendish but am always disappointed with the taste. what a great smell though!

puros_bran":6t9afwxl said:
When dealing with cavendish I have noticed blends with 'brown' cavendish seem to get better ratings/sales than those containing 'black' cavendish.

Why is this?
Perhaps the flavor of the brown cavendish is generally considered to be better than that of the black cavendish?

Maybe the other tobaccos in the blends are better?

I'm not really sure.

Morn' All, I'm probably wrong on this,I thought "Cavendish" was a process not an individual tabac,then taking this as face, any tobac can be "cavendished", most likely different Burleys, please correct me if I am Wrong, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

pipetongue1":aagh4bdj said:
Morn' All, I'm probably wrong on this,I thought "Cavendish" was a process not an individual tabac,then taking this as face, any tobac can be "cavendished", most likely different Burleys, please correct me if I am Wrong, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:
You are right Ken. According to Craig Tarler of C&D. Cavendish refers more to a cut and process rather than a particular type of leaf. Example: Traditional navy cavendishes are virginias that have been soak in a rum, pressed and cut in a certain manner. That is my understanding anyway. C&D uses a sweet and unsweeted black cavendish in some of their blends that I am not all that fond of. Some are ok but I too prefer the brown cavendish blends.