Confessions of a Tobacco Hedonist

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
Each day my tobacco is in eye-sight, and, can be easily touched and caressed. I am admittedly eclectic in the various blends that fill the shelves in my “office”. I call it an office but it is actually a “love den”, giving me indescribable pleasure and joy.

There was a time when I could actually tell anyone how many different blends that I have. Now, I can’t. It doesn’t matter. I’m beyond caring about mere “counting”.

It has been torture to open any tin, reaching mostly for jars of bulk blends.

Recently, I had an epiphany, so to speak. It came while watching the movie “Groundhog Day” for the umpteenth time. It came during one of the repeated scenes where Bill Murray’s character encountered the insurance salesman. In one of those scenes, the salesman says something to this affect:
“Hey, I have clients who live and die by reading actuary charts.”

At that moment, I decided to start opening tins and enjoying the tobacco.

:shock: Paul

I experienced a similar epiphany after the 'storm'. I will never again 'not open' a tin because I view it as collectible or valuable. If I feel like it I will open it. There will never again remain an 'unsmoked' pipe in my home, if it cross's the door plane I will smoke it. I'm not guaranteed life nor property ,so today I will enjoy it.

So many great choices of opened tins and my situation happens to be that I don't finish them for such a long time. They sit on my shelf and many dry out and have to be spritzed over time. So I am reluctant to open any new tins presently. As time goes by the tobacco cellar just keeps on growing!!! Not that I'm complaining mind you. I'm sure that some of you folks have the same problem. :?:

It is so much fun to open a few new tins at the same time and smoke them. I guess thats how we end up with 25 or more open containers of tobacco on our desk. By the time we smoke it all our Grand kids will be getting married but it sure is fun anyway :cyclops: :bounce: :sunny: :affraid: