consistency of Sam gawith

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I know much about snuff, but it's tobacco in any case, isn't it?
Or am I missing something?

Snuff is very very very finely ground tobacco plus other aromatic ingredients to give it some unique scent. The consistency ranges between the fineness of dust and perhaps as coarse as sand. It is taken up into one's nasal cavity a very short distance. Some are quite strong re N. Others are less so.

The differences between Snuff and the tobaccos we're talking about here, if that's what you're kind of asking, are vast. Or am I totally misunderstanding your comment...I do that on occasion.

Maybe I should have stated it better: Why mix snuff with (pipe) tobacco to jack up the nicotine? Shouldn't you have a fairly good idea of nicotine levels from what type of tobacco you start off with, when making snuff?
Being clueless about snuff, I find this very interesting.

I take my prior hallucination back, having just looked up the article in P & T. I was conflating it with something I had read in The Pipe Smoker's Ephemeris, in which hobbyists were attempting to supercharge their tabak with snuff on their own. That doesn't count. My bad, and abject apologies to SG.

(For what it's worth, P & T has a neat index on their site, making looking up stuff like this easy. I have all issues on hand, along with much of TPSE, which is a nightmare to find anything in.)

http://www.pipesandtobaccosmagazine.com/ptindex.htm