Cope's Escudo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
Just wow!!!! hints of dark chocalate, shoe polish, old leather. the perique in this is the highest quality i have ever tasted!! Oh dear God, why cant there be more of this?!?! first off the coins are hard and brittle with age but yet still moist! There are sugar crystals growing all over this beauty! the first taste that hits you is perique, lovely perique this most heavenly of tobaccos. This is hard to keep lit! But by god its worth the little hassle!!! This is the best Vaper ive ever had by far and away!! the tin aroma is surprisingly subtle. this is my third bowl in a larger eltang billiard and wow, i can barely type. the gentleman i bought this tin from was selling it for another he wasnt sure how old but he said he thinks around thirty years. There is a subdued swetness that wafts in and out around this dark taste that is beyond description!!!! the smoke coats the mouth with this oily taste and feel that is exquisite. MY GOD THIS IS GOOD!!!!!!!! There is a coin at the very bottom of the pile that is " melded " to the paper by something i have never seen before! yellow crystals that seem to be sprouting from the coin itself!! wow!!!!!!! one of my buddies tried a bowl after the show on saturday, he was late for work and was in a hurry. he packed a bowl and proceeded to sit down and not move for the next hour and half, speechless. he is has been a pipester for three years now and a self descibed newbie. he didnt say a word while smoking just had this far away look in his eyes that i fear i have while smoking this!!! my god if i ever find more of this i am literally afraid of how much i would be willing to spend for it. This is my holy grail of tobaccco. if the other vapers that i enjoy are a 50th this good with the same age on them, iam in for quite a treat!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe:

The last tin that I saw at Tobacco Barn was $85.00 USD. At that price, I'll take your word for it.

I just recently found one at a place called tobaccomkt.com for 35 bucks so I ordered it. When I received it the seal had been broken so it was dust. They did allow me to send it back for a refund though. Somehow I knew it was too good to be true.

jhuggett":1wsns1s4 said:
I just recently found one at a place called tobaccomkt.com for 35 bucks so I ordered it. When I received it the seal had been broken so it was dust. They did allow me to send it back for a refund though. Somehow I knew it was too good to be true.
It's vaper's fault for writing such a tempting review... he should re-imburse you for the postage :p

ah yes the accursed problem with old tins! I found an old square tin early this fall, bought it popped it open and.... dry and brittle! so a couple of weeks later a lightbulb went on in my head. I put the tobak in a small fish tank( empty of course) put a misting humidifier in front of it and let her rip.. two days later the tobak was moist. packed a bowl, lit up and..... I don't believe tobacco can be saved. and I still believe that! oh well.

vaperfavour":g3ywjnun said:
ah yes the accursed problem with old tins! I found an old square tin early this fall, bought it popped it open and.... dry and brittle! so a couple of weeks later a lightbulb went on in my head. I put the tobak in a small fish tank( empty of course) put a misting humidifier in front of it and let her rip.. two days later the tobak was moist. packed a bowl, lit up and..... I don't believe tobacco can be saved. and I still believe that! oh well.

I have had tobacco bone dry and simply threw it into a zip lock bag or jar with a Boveda humidity control packet for humidity at 72. A month later it was perfect.