Copper tubing

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":s7uaf19q said:
arkansaspiper":s7uaf19q said:
Rob in MO. He used to post regularly here when Kap and Thistle were going strong a while back. A real good egg.

Cheers,

RR
He and Kaiser were the first PMs i sent when i got back... i miss Rob alot he was always great humor

Use it any dang place you want, I'd say. Just make sure to have plenty of polish on hand. 1937 Rolls Royce Phantom III Copper Sedanca Saloon, by Freestone & Webb:

copper10.jpg
" />

I remember seeing pics from one very high end pipe maker that often used Copper in his pipes, cast, turned or whatever. Can't remember the name right now. Gorgeous stuff though.

I've used Copper both from plumbing parts, fittings,, etc. as well as rod and bar stock in making knives...handles, etc. It works and finishes very well.

I for one will be very interested to see just what Arky has in mind. Hopefully something that doesn't look like an opium or hash pipe.

Of course not Arky. :roll:

You haven't even made it yet...how could I know what you'll do? In fact, now that I think of it I've never seen ANY of your pipes.

I was doing a search for Copper smoking pipes and all that came up were things that looked like opium pipes.

Relax Son.

Hey, good luck with that Arky old bean. Sounds like an interesting project to get your teeth into. Looking forward to seeing pics of the finished item!

Arky, just take your time. I've made a few copper bands in the past on some pipes I made. Also copper inlay on a few knife handles. It's a soft easy metal to work with, same with brass. It was enjoyable to make custom brass bolsters for a few of the custom knives I made in the past. 
Good luck and remember it's all about enjoyment of the craft  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!