cord, rope, twine, string, you name it

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
I learned a lesson today. I washed some paracord in hot water and bleach in the washing machine, and it shrunk by maybe 50%. Someone gave me a ball of it, but it was filthy and a little moldy. It's hard as a rock because of the extreme shrinking. So strange. I had no idea it didn't like hot water.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive, washable cord? I need about 50ft of it. I don't know the strength necessary, but maybe around 75lbs tensile strength? Something smooth to the tie, like the shoe laces they used to put in Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers (flat, woven nylon). I'd actually use shoe lace, but I can't find it by the foot (or I'm not searching for it correctly). So, what's it for? I wear sweat pants and athletic shorts a lot, as I exercise five days a week. The laces eventually get wear in the knot area and break. I have a few pairs of shorts I want to re-lace. It seems to happen to me a lot, so I would like to buy a good amount of footage so I have it handy. I have some cord for clothes lines, but it is round and dense, so the knots are big, and it does not slide against itself or fabric smoothly. Any ideas?

I would think if you had any fabric stores or a store that carries a lot of fabric like a Michael's or a Hobby Lobby they might have what your looking for. Hopefully if the don't the person working in the department could point you in the right direction to be able to locate it on e-bay or Amazon.

Drawstring Cord...the little things that escapes memories from childhood watching my grandmother knitting and crocheting from doilies to socks, sweaters, doll clothing and hats to sell in shops for extra money. Johnny Cash songs playing on the record player all day. The only beer I ever seen my grandpa drink was Pabst Blue Ribbon and they both smoked Sir Walter Raleigh which often times they would roll their own.