Quantcast
  • ~ How to Use the New Software ~

Try logging in and if it is not accepting your password,, look to the bottom right corner of page for Contact Us and send a message.

Cork Knocker?

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

JJPHOTO

Reaction score
I found a pretty cool vintage ashtray online, but the cork knocker in the middle was beat to heck. Can you replace those? I found some online that looks like you can glue on to new ashtrays or maybe replace old ones? Not sure.

free_byrd15

Reaction score
I've never done it, but my guess is you can cut the old one off, sand any remaining bits off or soak it in water or something to get it the bits off, then gorilla glue another on!

puros_bran

Reaction score

Is this the Cork Knocker your referring too?

Mikem

Reaction score
I've bought the cork piece at the local B&M and installed them on a couple of ash trays. Mine were peel and stick.

Natch

Reaction score
I've got a couple of the peal and stick types. I'd recommend epoxy so they don't pull off, but their easy to replace.

Natch

A

Anonymous

I rigged up a cheap ashtray, bought a glass one from the dollar tree than got one of those cork knockers from my local tobacconist and stuck it on(peel & stick). The first time I wacked my pipe on it the stickum gave and the cork popped off. A touch of Gorilla glue has held it since.