Corn Cob pipes!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Blackhorse. I'll keep that hardwood plug in mind. The dimensions pretty much all seem to be .75" inner diameter, which differs slightly from the specs I had previously found at Pipes and Cigars of .7", and the bowl depth all seem to be 1.5", with the exception of the Mark Twain at 1.625". I'm looking at the bents: Mark Twain, Country Gentleman, and 5th Avenue Diplomat. Never been much of a fan of the dublin shape, so that rules out the Twain. The Legend is .75" x 1.25". Appears to be a minor gain of .25" in depth. That's why it is do difficult to go by website data. They're all pretty much the same? I guess so.

Zeno Marx":p5dw1vnv said:
Thanks, Blackhorse.  I'll keep that hardwood plug in mind.  The dimensions pretty much all seem to be .75" inner diameter, which differs slightly from the specs I had previously found at Pipes and Cigars of .7", and the bowl depth all seem to be 1.5", with the exception of the Mark Twain at 1.625".  I'm looking at the bents: Mark Twain, Country Gentleman, and 5th Avenue Diplomat.  Never been much of a fan of the dublin shape, so that rules out the Twain.  The Legend is .75" x 1.25".  Appears to be a minor gain of .25" in depth.  That's why it is do difficult to go by website data.  They're all pretty much the same?  I guess so.
The Diplomat and Country Gentleman are my favourite cob shapes. And I agree, the Legend is a tad small for my liking.

I've also got a Dagner Poker which I smoke a lot. A bit more expensive but worth the money spent

Just discovered this on the MM site. If it wasn’t sold out everywhere I’d own one now.  The little stubby is still available...but I have lots of nose warmers. Love the acrylic bits though.

I own a bunch of cobs; most larger (General, Mark Twain, Country G'Man). I couldn't resist the "C&D" Charles Town Cobbler with the bent acrylic bit!! Bought two. Just superb smokers!! Get one when you can!! :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":jm0hkl2u said:
I own a bunch of cobs; most larger (General, Mark Twain, Country G'Man). I couldn't resist the "C&D" Charles Town Cobbler with the bent acrylic bit!! Bought two. Just superb smokers!! Get one when you can!! :cheers: FTRPLT
I’d LOVE to have one but can't find one anywhere. If you see One in stock somewhere please let me know.

BH, even though the Cobblers say "C&D" on them, I haven't seen one on the SP web site in a while! I found mine on the MM website about 6 weeks ago. I'll be lookin' for ya'!! :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":fbao1y2m said:
BH, even though the Cobblers say "C&D" on them, I haven't seen one on the SP web site in a while! I found mine on the MM website about 6 weeks ago. I'll be lookin' for ya'!! :cheers: FTRPLT
Yeah, I checked the MM site second and they are OOS. I did go ahead and order the li’l poker...from Mars, where it was priced down at $16. Of course I had to add one tin to the deal...a tin of War Horse Bar. Kick Ass stuff. This is what St. Peter issues you if you get through the pearly gates.

Zeno Marx":kru6qy02 said:
For those well versed in cobs, which Missouri Meerschaums have larger bowls?  If you dig around, it seems all the bowls are from .6-.8 inner diameter.  That doesn't seem like much variation.  I'm new to the cob.  I only have one cob, a MM Legend (.7" inner diameter).  I'm not looking for something massive.  If the Legend is a group 3, I'm looking for a group 4 or even 4.5.  The Legend is just a tad smaller than I'd like.  Also looking to keep the cost under $10, which is why I'm not opening it up to the custom lines or custom makers.  Still inexpensive, but just a wee bit bigger bowl capacity.

ps-not interested in the MacArthur or more flamboyant shapes.
I think in terms of ID, they are all the same. You can get bowls that are deeper, but the diameter has been the same on mine.

I have a 7/8 in drill bit and have successfully drilled out Mark Twains, CG's and one Legend. I wonder if you should just get one you like and enlarge the bore?

In the picture is a MT, a CG and the Legend I modified. The one in the middle is a stock one.

cob_mods.jpg