Corn Cob Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
I post quite often about smoking my MM Diplomat with Plum Forever Stem and whatever tobacco I've chosen.

What many don't know is through the course of a year I smoke that pipe 4 times a day.

Given the pipe is 8 y/o it has been smoked more than 10,000 times, had the original stem replaced with another original MM stem and when that one needed to be replaced I bought the Forever Stem.

Yessir those corn cob pipes are just throwaway pipes! ;) Keeping it smokey.
banjo

5673536d45ad5285e8bb2db7d5a518d91ed6477.jpeg

Yessir, some of my cobs are 20 years old, though they don't get the intensive use yours do. The diplomat line has always been a favorite pipe, good looking, cool smoking, not picky as to tobacco,  light, nice size, durable. I've never popped for the forever stem but keep a little supply of the OE 50 center replacements handy.

Yesiree, cobs are the unsung hero. Always have a good experience with them no matter what the pipe weed. It's a wonder why I don't exercise them more than I do!

That cob looks natural on you banjo!

8)

Cheers,

RR

If I knew MM corn cobs existed before I started collecting briars, I would not have owned one briar today.

My very old Country Gentlemen is a better smoker than my 2 Dunhills.

I just love my cobs.

I'm waiting for a new Dagner/MM Poker, should be here by Friday.

SpeedyPete":yhmq52uv said:
If I knew MM corn cobs existed before I started collecting briars, I would not have owned one briar today.

I just love my cobs.

Extremist! Monomaniac! But I like 'em that way too.  ;)

10,000 smokes? About time you threw it away Banjo ;)

Seriously though, it's good and reassuring to read this. Great pipe too.

Richard Burley":xm18xf7z said:
SpeedyPete":xm18xf7z said:

I just love my cobs.

Extremist! Monomaniac! But I like 'em that way too.  ;)
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Never cared for cobs. I know I should, and I've tried, I really have. Gave away every one I've ever owned. For a while I kept going back, figuring it was some sort of deficiency in my character. Thought about seeking professional help. maybe joining some sort of support group. Finally realized it was cobs and not me. And I'm OK with that.

Idlefellow":o2ot2lb9 said:
 For a while I kept going back, figuring it was some sort of deficiency in my character.  Thought about seeking professional help. maybe joining some sort of support group.  
:lol!:

Nah! You don't HAVE to like them. And, of course, this is the forum for Brothers of BRIAR :lol:

Great article there on MM co, quick time saver for people, only read the article or watch the video. The same info is in both with nothing more in either over the other that I found.

Same as above, Diplomats have always been good smokers, thick walls, and held up very well over the years.
Once you smoke them down a few times and char the wood stem protruding through, or grind it back and fill in with pipe mud, they're good from start to finish.

We had a house fire in 2017 and lost everything, but I had 2 heavily-used cobs that were 7-8 years old and still going great.

Fishnbanjo - that looks like a well-seasoned Cob!

Did not smoke cobs in my youth but got into them after being on BoB for a while and started getting back into codger blends. Love my MM country gentleman and have two generals that get smoked at least twice a week. Really brings out the taste of CH.

Yes, cobs are great smokers. This year I want to visit MM. It's not all that far from me. Heck, if I can make it 3 1/2 hours to
Topeka, KS., I can surely make it to Washington, MO. and smoke a cob or two along the way!

I've generally found the MM cobs a bit on the small side.
If you enjoy cobs, take a look at AristoCobs........

https://aristocob.com/Default.aspx
A cob is generally in my pocket or mouth when working in the field.
Looking at my collection of pipes now all I have are cobs (x6) and too many Dunhills (x52).
Try the general. Not small by any measure. CH or PA in mine is good for well over an hour.

I’ve personally taken a shine to the cobs produced for C&D. Based off the country gentleman bowl and shank, and with a top notch acrylic stem, you cant ask for much more out of the box.