Cornell & Deihl Briar Fox?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpramsey

Reaction score
I was thinking about picking up this blend but wanted to hear a little about it first. All I can find is that its claim to fame is that its the blend of Peter Heeschen. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

It's dry sweet if that makes sense. Sorta astringent.

It's been to long since I've smoked it to get more detailed.

Briar Fox contains Virginias that are earthy, not sweet to me. It's not a bad smoke, but I prefer other VA blends.

Backing up PB here. Dry, spiciness, airy, astringent but not tangy.

I like many VA blends, this one included; there's much variety to be had within this one leaf alone.

This fits my palate as a dusty, dusky, pinot noir with just a hint of spice. For when I'm looking for something a little less full, a little less sweet, and a little more 'dry'.

I have smoked Briar Fox for 3 years now. It is a great blend and has all of the qualities mentioned in previous replies. To me all that has been said about it are the reasons why I like it so much. It is certainly different from all other Va. blends that I have smoked. The initial puffs after the charring are a little ho hum but once it gets going it really develops into a rather nice and even complex smoke. Give it a try.