Corona Pipe Master

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajun

Reaction score
F04614D1-EA30-42FB-AFCA-AAAF79A57E7F-13199-0000157014EFB7A8_zps197e249a.jpg
[/img] Son gave me a 100$ gift card to Amazon, decided to try the Pipe Master as I have an Old Boy, nice!

Great choice, Bradley! Puffers love that lighter -- it's built like a tank!

Matches are fine for pipes, but I did think I'd get a cigar torch along about now. But the only place I miss my torch is lighting a cigar. But I've been drawing to a match in doing this, and it's fairly easy; touchups are also fine with a match. I may just turn into a total match kind of guy;). But this Corona does seem to be a fine lighter. Good luck!

A great item to spend your gift card on. I really like mesh screen look.  I'd be interested in knowing how often you have to refuel it. Every lighter I own I have to refuel at least every day and a half. It's starting to get old.  :x . Wish I could find one that would only have to be refueled once a week.  :) 

AJ

AJ, I will monitor this lighter and tell you how long it lasts for me. May I make a suggestion as to how to fill your lighter to make it last longer and fill it to fullest. Place your lighter in the ice box for about 5 min, you are lowering the gas pressure in your lighter. Next run hot water in bathroom lavatory put Butane can in hot water about 1/3 of the level of can, you are raising the pressure of the gas in can. Higher pressure goes into lower pressure. Take lighter and fill counting to 8 or 10, wait a few minutes and do it again, you have filled the lighter to capacity. I ran an Ethylene Plant for over 30 yrs working with Gas, liquids,temps,pressures, believe me this works. Later I will be able to tell you about the Pipemaster.

Thanks for the tip Cajun. I'm going to give it a try today.  :) 

AJ

that uses a quartz ignition, right?
I've had a lot of problems with that system and I don't trust it.  I will be interested in seeing how that works for you.

Danindayton
ilurkalot

I filled my lighter upon receiving it,did not use my method , it lasted 2 days,refilling it again I heated up the butane but did not put lighter in ice box as it felt cold Laying on my pipe table, it lasted 4·5 days, I believe useing the refer and hot water method it will last almost 7 days, they stated that it had a bigger tank. Hope this helps everyone.

It worked! I followed Cajun's tip on my Corona Old Boy and it lasted 4 1/2 days before I had to refuel. Big improvement. Thanks Cajun. Now if you can give a tip on how to increase the time between refuelings on my Zippo. I tried the teflon tape that someone suggested and only got a extra 1/2 day before I needed to refuel.  :) 

AJ

cajun":38vk7rs9 said:
AJ is that a butane or lighter fluid lighter?
Lighter Fluid. I added some more material to the fuel tank that I got from an old lighter and got an additional day from this but would like to go at least 4 days without refueling. I get 2 - 2 1/2 days now with the extra wadding. No room for any more wadding.  :) 

AJ

AJ I don't remember where I read this, a man coated the outside of the insert in a thin film of Vaseline and said it acted as a seal to keep fluid from evaporating, makes sense but I don't know how it works.

cajun":ac581781 said:
AJ I don't remember where I read this, a man coated the outside of the insert in a thin film of Vaseline and said it acted as a seal to keep fluid from evaporating, makes sense but I don't know how it works.
Thanks Cajun, I'll give this some thought.  :) 

AJ

Another solution for the zippo is to wrap teflon tape around the bottom of the insert with 1/2 of the tape on the insert and 1/2 of the tape extending past the insert, the tape will fold over the end of the insert covering it. You only need to use one layer of teflon tape and of course you have to replace the tape with each refuel. MIKE