Couldn’t be more different.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Just picked up three new knives. They very, very highly regarded but totally different in form and intended use.

The first is a CRKT CEO Blackout. It’s a wee little bairn of a blade, fit for the office, literally sits on the palm of your hand. There are two versions with the newer being a flipper…my preferred design though it comes in a wide variety of handle scales and blade steels. I’m going to give this one as a gift to a good friend but have ordered it’s replacement…with (3.2”) D2 blade steel and jade G10 scales. I guess this might be seen as an exec edc.

The second is a KERSHAW (made very close to where I live). It’s a very long offered design and has sold very well since it’s first year. It is the BLUR and features Kershaw’s “speed assist” opening mechanism. The blade steel on mine is CPM S30V (3.4”) but there are others available, even Damascus as special editions. Mine is a plain drop point recurve. But again, there are others out there offering serrated, tanto, etc. The scales are aluminum with inset grippy panels. This is a pretty standard design for camping, hunting, and urban edc.

The third is a wild one. Think Aladdin zipping along on his flying carpet. Another CRKT design, it’s the RITUAL. The handle is Ivory Micarta and blued steel. The blade is a big trailing point Persian. It’s a flipper and snaps with authority. What am I going to USE it for? I have no idea, but it’s just so cool. It’s funny…the little CEO is designed to not create any kind of nervous reaction in those around you…the Ritual ethic is exactly the opposite. LOL. The blade is 4.37”.

Pics below. You should be able to figure out which is which.

8044080E-12A0-47E1-96ED-B1B04B54AEC4.jpeg

880679AA-0D1C-4EF8-B2A1-314F2BB51A71.jpeg
50DA16B4-B17D-42E4-A8E6-E20844C7B893.jpeg

Great looking blades. The kershaw is a timeless design and my favorite of the 3.

Just picked up three new knives. They very, very highly regarded but totally different in form and intended use.

The first is a CRKT CEO Blackout. It’s a wee little bairn of a blade, fit for the office, literally sits on the palm of your hand. There are two versions with the newer being a flipper…my preferred design though it comes in a wide variety of handle scales and blade steels. I’m going to give this one as a gift to a good friend but have ordered it’s replacement…with (3.2”) D2 blade steel and jade G10 scales. I guess this might be seen as an exec edc.

The second is a KERSHAW (made very close to where I live). It’s a very long offered design and has sold very well since it’s first year. It is the BLUR and features Kershaw’s “speed assist” opening mechanism. The blade steel on mine is CPM S30V (3.4”) but there are others available, even Damascus as special editions. Mine is a plain drop point recurve. But again, there are others out there offering serrated, tanto, etc. The scales are aluminum with inset grippy panels. This is a pretty standard design for camping, hunting, and urban edc.

The third is a wild one. Think Aladdin zipping along on his flying carpet. Another CRKT design, it’s the RITUAL. The handle is Ivory Micarta and blued steel. The blade is a big trailing point Persian. It’s a flipper and snaps with authority. What am I going to USE it for? I have no idea, but it’s just so cool. It’s funny…the little CEO is designed to not create any kind of nervous reaction in those around you…the Ritual ethic is exactly the opposite. LOL. The blade is 4.37”.

Pics below. You should be able to figure out which is which.

View attachment 4415

View attachment 4414
View attachment 4416
That Ritual is one wicked looking knife. To quote Dundee " now that's a knife".

That Ritual is one wicked looking knife. To quote Dundee " now that's a knife".

Yeah…when one snaps that big Persian blade out there’s a huge “click” and it’s so big and wicked looking…it commands nervous attention. It has presence. It’s so iconic it makes you think it belongs to a giant blue genie!

8E5CFE65-F3B0-40E6-87D1-1AC9CABFCAFE.png