Couple of GBD 9438 eBay estates restored

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak2000

Reaction score
Met a great brother on another forum who restores pipes as a hobby. Does a phenomenal job IMHO

Very nice! I hope they smoke well for you for many years to come.

Jim

Beautiful resto jobs on those! The smooth finish one is the first GBD I've seen with a screw tenon ! :twisted:

No that's actually another stem from a GBD Meerschaum pipe he was cleaning up for me.

Impressive, Andy. Including and especially that first GBD with the brushed finish. Like to have that one myself!

The second one is no slouch either!

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR

ak2000":9x9vnw7m said:
Here is a pic of all 3

Those are incredible! Much better of a job than I do! The bottom one I think has to be one of the most beautiful GBDs I’ve ever seen!

Zach

GuitarMyFriend":tao959my said:
Those are incredible! Much better of a job than I do! The bottom one I think has to be one of the most beautiful GBDs I’ve ever seen!

Zach
Thanks Zach, that's my favorite finish from GBD as well. I also have a straight bulldog GBD with the same finish from the 60s, my kinda birth year pipe

Corncobcon":j2aspkca said:
Those turned out fabulous!  The smooth one is my favorite!
Thanks everyone. I find it amazing that someone would let such a nice pipe get in such poor condition.

DrumsAndBeer":plq7wr6n said:
Terrific work Andy.

So, you keeping them? ;)
Oh yes, been looking for 9438s for a while and now I have them. Already smoked the meerschaum, great smoker for sure.