Crack of dawn rough ins

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Back to cold nights. At sunrise it was 14 F. These are nights that keep me mindful of the woodstove in the animal barn, keep it fed to keep them warm, their water liquid rather than a solid. Of course this means feeding it every other hour or so (small stove), so no real sleep until around 3 AM.

My sweet dogs need to go 'play' shortly after first light. This morning, with the sun beaming in the window, they tossed me out of bed...

"Let's go!", they barked.

I don't generally feed the other critters until 8 or so, but they saw me and started shouting at me for their sweet feed. OK. Fed them.

In my shop/wood storage section I saw the wood pieces that I was studying a couple of days ago. Well, I'm up. Might as well start shaping. Nothing like starting the day by running power tools and files to get the blood moving, right?

Before the first morning cup of Joe, I set these on the table by my seat in the living room. As I believe I am going to be subjected to a "Twilight Movie Marathon" tonight, this and my headphones playing Dave Brubeck should keep me sane...

Very nice pipes you have started there, Ozark. Good luck on staying sane during a Twilight marathon. Might I suggest a goodly amount of some Apple Pie Shine? That should help as well. 8)

Those look pretty dadburn good OW,we'll have to see'em when there all finished up sir. ;)

d4klutz":klgz8hqb said:
Very nice pipes you have started there, Ozark.  Good luck on staying sane during a Twilight marathon.  Might I suggest a goodly amount of some Apple Pie Shine?  That should help as well. 8)
Just so happens I have some Midnight Moon's Apple Pie Shine, somewhere around here..........

Hmmmm

Nice work sir, I'm not sure if I'd still be sane at the end of a twilight marathon.

Here's hoping you can keep your marbles.

Good luck

Tim

Nice! Can't wait to see them finished! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Looking good Wiz. Another couple of belters from the Wizard's stable!

Here is one of the pair, finished. I put a bit of a flat spot on the bottom so it would stand up. I may fine tune it a bit more, as when I bent the stem back for the curve, it cantilevered a bit more weight to the back, causing more pressure on the heel than I prefer.

Nice job on that horn! I like that it sits. I was hoping it would be smooth, as it looked like the grain would really have shown on it. However, it is still a stunning pipe.

I guess you didn't go insane from that marathon? Or did the apple pie help? 8) :lol!:

Really nice work Wiz :D
I bet the Swiss could get a tune out of that :D

alandadp":nq1ai5to said:
Really nice work Wiz :D
I bet the Swiss could get a tune out of that :D
'...high on the side of a mountain valley, yodel yodel...'

d4klutz":ynixld85 said:
Nice job on that horn!  I like that it sits.  I was hoping it would be smooth, as it looked like the grain would really have shown on it.  However, it is still a stunning pipe.

I guess you didn't go insane from that marathon?  Or did the apple pie help? 8) :lol!:
The next couple may be smooth, if I can get the grain to behave like the others. I just get particular about the smooth finish, and I'm on a rustication bend. It's my new "OOH, SHINY" thing in my head lately.

I'll get over it................

As far as the marathon, I didn't notice the first movie, as I was focused and my jazz was up pretty loud on the headphones. The second movie I had to cook supper, and then chore about, feed the animals, etc... The third movie I was feeling the apple 'shine and was getting irritated by that whiney Bella chick not being able to make up her mind whether or not she wanted a werewolf or a vampire as a mate. I made the comment if she were Morman she could have both and have the best of both worlds. The glare from SWMBO was stifling. Sooo, I went to the barn and worked on a press for Timbo and 'stepped away from the drama'.

What?

It's not like I was dissing Star Trek or something..........................................................

The guts to the press are ready, now for the housing. Something custom and rustic, I think............

It's always really cool to see a craftsman at work, and you certainly make some unique one of a kind pipes Ozark.

I am so proud of the one you sent me awhile back, I am hesitant to set fire to it. I will probably get past it eventually, and christen it on a special occasion, with some of the homegrown you sent. :D

Dutch":u6fizxn0 said:
It's always really cool to see a craftsman at work, and you certainly make some unique one of a kind pipes Ozark.

I am so proud of the one you sent me awhile back, I am hesitant to set fire to it. I will probably get past it eventually, and christen it on a special occasion, with some of the homegrown you sent. :D
Thanks so much for the compliments! I'm learning.......

Shame to have a pipe, and not smoke it at least once, though.............