Crazy good luck!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatman

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
So, like a lot of others I like to peruse thrift stores. I haven't had the good fortune to find any nice pipes. Back in early July I found a real gem in the rough. It is a 70s vintage Zodiac Super Sea Wolf manual chronograph. I paid a grand sum of $7.99 and just got it back from the shop. The repairs, new main spring and cleaning set me back $300.00, for a total investment of basically 308 bucks.. One recently sold on Flea Bay, not as clean, and with a fairly beat up dial and hands, and not serviced for $1913.00 SO, I feel I made a pretty good investment  :face:

Wow! What a nice find!

Thrift shops are hit or miss but when they hit, it is out of the ballpark. Wife and I went to one because I was looking for a full length raincoat. Found a London Fog with zip in liner for winter, L.L. Bean wool coat, Italian made jacket and my wife picked up a jacket and 2 blouses. We paid like $100 for the whole thing. Then my wife spots a bag in the case when we were checked out and asked to see it. I hauled off to the car with the booty and she bought the bag. Asked what she got there and she showed me a Barney's of New York leather bag she got for $15. The bonus is we found a $20 bill in the side of the bag. Unreal.

Great find!  I once bought a Martin D-12-20-12 12-string guitar at a Salvation Army store for $30.  With the advent of the web it's easier for folks to learn what something is worth, ergo the deals are a little harder to find.

Great watch by the way!