Crocs=High Fashion

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear some cheapo knock-offs when I get out of the shower. If they get dirty, you can throw them in the washing machine without a second thought. I wash my running shoes too, but that's for another time. Anyone know why chefs seem to like them? Good cushion? Because they can wipe them off if something spills on them?

Another confession, LOL. I don't know why, but I anticipated the "fashion trend" and during the prior few years bought several new, but odd ball pairs of Crocs on Ebay. I never paid more than $12.00 pair. I gave them to my older daughter, who has been selling my collection of western boots. She says they sell very quickly for $40 to $50 a pair, with the weirder ones selling for the most money. She priced one pair at $60, because they have embedded lights, that light up when you walk. She said they sold within an hour of posting.
I have kept one pair in bright orange, similar to the ones chef Mario Batali endorsed. They're comfortable and always draw curious looks, even some disdainful looks, because of Batali's reported behavior with female staff.

Added: I did have one pair of Crocs' cheap copies in white that I wore as shower shoes at the gym. If I wore them outside the gym, I was periodically asked if I worked at a hospital.

With the high prices being paid on Ebay for oddball Crocs, I looked at ShopGoodwill to see if I could pick some up for little money for my daughter to sell on Ebay. Quite the surprise, as even at ShopGoodwill, new plain ones are selling for up to $60 a pair. Yesterday, I saw a pair of "slightly used" Star Wars Crocs sell at ShopGoodwill for $123.00. Yippee, skippee! I had my daughter drop by my house this morning to pick up a new pair of Star Wars Crocs to put up for bid on Ebay. I think I paid $12 for them a couple of years ago. Older daughter's been working as a contract employee, on and off, throughout the pandemic. These sales help her pay the bills.

I love how the most random crap is now "rare" and "collectible". We had a Goodwill outlet until the pandemic closed it. Everything but electronics sold by the pound. They would roll out large bins of new junk on the half hour. People came in at opening and left at closing, staying all day, as their job, to find things to sell on ebay. Professionals, standing out like sore thumbs because they all wore surgical gloves and were using their phones to look up things on ebay, book resale websites, etc. When those bins were rolled out, it was a mad frenzy. I think they were looking for a reason to close the outlet, because their auction site gets close to, if not the same, as ebay prices. Why sell a pair of Air Jordans, that someone didn't know better to not give away, for $3 when they can get $95 on ebay, and now on their auction site. Their employees are still getting paid dick, and unlike ebay that has a tiny bit of buyer safety, Goodwill can make their own rules and "as-is, buyer beware" and not have to stand behind anything. I get why they've moved in this direction, but it's still gross on some levels. I know I'm not going to donate something so they can auction it. That isn't my intent.

I regard Crocs as an abortion in footwear. Fugly. I cannot for the life of me understand way anyone would want to wear them. But to each their own I guess.......

🤬

Cheers?

RR

Well...I caved. I have “toe issues” and have to wear something with a wide and tall toe box opening. The buzz is that this describes Crocs perfectly. Since my official outdoor/woodland/gardening shoes are very very close to dead I found and ordered a pair of Crocs. Sorry BD. I understand they have a lug soled outdoor version. That would be ideal. But they don’t make them in Bigfoot Blackhorse’s size. Rats. So I just found a dirt colored pair. Goes well with my standard tactical khakis.

DF0DD056-CF08-4B0C-BFBC-DF31CAE209C2.jpeg

Well...I caved. I have “toe issues” and have to wear something with a wide and tall toe box opening. The buzz is that this describes Crocs perfectly. Since my official outdoor/woodland/gardening shoes are very very close to dead I found and ordered a pair of Crocs. Sorry BD. I understand they have a lug soled outdoor version. That would be ideal. But they don’t make them in Bigfoot Blackhorse’s size. Rats. So I just found a dirt colored pair. Goes well with my standard tactical khakis.

View attachment 1283

Hey knock yourself out. But if you wear them at the annual moderator party don't expect me to dance with you....

🤡

Cheers,

RR

View attachment 1283
And make sure to wear socks with them, that's how the cool kids do it

Think I had a pair of socks like that once. A white elephant gag gift from a Christmas party. Of course I wore them inside cowboy boots so no one ever saw them, lol.