Crocs=High Fashion

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! Clarabell, Buffalo Bob and Howdy!
Musn't forget Flub-A-Dub
hqdefault.jpg

White crocs with colorful socks.
fefd0691e6289efccac16387ecb0f84e.jpg
Steve, maybe you could come to Prescott and be a rodeo clown? You got part of the outfit goin on. Lol. And after a couple of bull riding events you would have even more injuries to add to your already lengthy medical history. Just kidding.

That would be fun! In my 20s, I spent some time in Crown King. A friend and his wife signed on as firewatchers for a summer and stayed on for nine years. I went to visit for a few days and stuck around for several weeks. Friend and his wife rotated shifts up in the observation tower, never at the same time. A short time after they left Crown King, their marriage went kaput.

Crocks have always just struck me as plastic Birkenstocks. Ironically country people tend to hate Birkenstocks but love Crocks.

Crocks have always just struck me as plastic Birkenstocks. Ironically country people tend to hate Birkenstocks but love Crocks.
Walmart stocks knock-off Crocs. So does Aldi. Not sure if either have a Birkenstock type shoe.

I have Birkenstock sandals and clogs. It usually takes many months of wearing them intermittently to break them in. Strangely, I have a pair of cheap Birky knock off sandals that were comfortable the moment I put them on.
This morning, because of the plantar fasciitis, I tried on several pairs of shoes before I could feel comfortable. I'm wearing bright orange Crocs with an added plantar fasciitis insole.

For those who are curious about Crocs knock-offs, Amazon has pages of them.

Last edited:
To me, Birks have always been like archaic torture devices they would have used in the Inquisition. Crocs on the other hand, er foot, are like very workable. You can get most Crocs for about $50. Birks go from there up to $100 and beyond. For me, it’s Crocs. Others might be better served by Birkenstocks. Or $5 flip flops. Or whatever.

Crocs are what in the Redneck world have replaced Jackie Chans (those slip on shoes for kids) and flip flops for most people’s kids. And parents too haha. My kids all have em, and it’s worked out great for the the most part. The even make them in camo patterns and such, which my boys have.

Being the cheap ass that I am could never understand paying $80 to $100 for a pair of sandals. I have 2 that I wear when I wear them. Cost about 20 bucks at Famous Footwear and very comfortable. Tried crocs, didn't care for them.

I bought a pair of these,
88790011_600x600.jpg

in white, along with eight different colored permanent felt tip markers. I have a friend who is an extraordinary artist. I intended on commissioning her to make me a one-off pair of Crocs.
Unfortunately, my younger daughter caught wind of my plan and insisted that she decorate the Crocs. I now have a pair of Crocs that I would even be embarrassed to wear in the Planet Fitness shower room.

There are many youtube tutorials how to bedazzle, hydrodip, and who knows what else your crocs. They can be salvaged! Hydrodipping, you ask?

I wear Crocs at times, have black and red ones. great when working outdoors. Birks I love; just got two new pair to replace the two I wore out. I also have two pair of Birk knockoffs. Birks are about all I wear from April until October/November. FTRPLT

Here's a nice pair shown with my A. H. Fox 1924 A Grade 16ga; fox on socks on Fox. If I wore 'em with my crocs, it would be...well, you know. Apologies to Dr. Seuss...

g30o6xbl.jpg

I worked for a large hospital group back in the day. Most of the professional staff that got anywhere near slime and guts wore croc

I worked for a large hospital group back in the day. Most of the professional staff that got anywhere near slime and guts wore croc
Makes good sense, and same for kitchen people at restaurants. Decent padding with decent support while easily cleaned/sanitized when necessary. I like footwear I can throw in the washing machine with some bleach.

Maybe I should get crocs to wear at the ranch? Then I could just hose them off instead of having to saddle soap my boots every week. Of course I would have to ask the horses not to step on my feet, which they do occasionally, lol.