Crude pipe rack

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lainatan

Reaction score
I got some inspiration from Corncobcon and decided to make my own pipe rack. I have only 2 pipes but figured I would make one with room to grow. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Looks good, probably better than the one I just like 40 bucks on lol. Looks like you need a few more pipes to fill it in.

Very nice, get more pipes you have no excuses now :lol!:

Thanks. I’m trying to figure out what kind of stain I want to use on it. I think it would look good with a dark stain, but I’m not sure.

One man's crude is another man's oil. Mm, not sure if that works but you know where I'm headed.

Always had good luck with Minwax Red Mahogany. It is a classic look that gets lots of compliments. By the way that is a good looking rack.

Jim

Blackhorse":7mnxe7xi said:
I’d paint the bottom half green & the top half yellow.  Then put a big “O” on it somewhere.

(Go DUCKS!)
While I may stick with the stain idea, the Green and Gold (read "yellow") might be appropriate but instead of an "O", I'd use the "G"

Go Pack Go!

Lainatan":7m4xa99q said:
I got some inspiration from Corncobcon and decided to make my own pipe rack.  I have only 2 pipes but figured I would make one with room to grow.  Thoughts? Suggestions?

That's a great start. I like the design. I agree with the others about the darker stain. The red mahogany is a winner!