Cuban pipe tobacco?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
is there anysuch thing as this? I know Dunhill used to add Havana leaf in some of their blends, but are there any blends specifically from cuba? if there are anyone try any?

Robert McConnell has one called Pure Havana... I think the name has changed, but it might be worth checking out.

vaperfavour":1ksp8tbn said:
is there anysuch thing as this? I know Dunhill used to add Havana leaf in some of their blends, but are there any blends specifically from cuba? if there are anyone try any?
Yes, yes, and yes. They used to have the Partagas, but they dont seem to make it anymore. The "La Escepcion de José Gener Picadura granulada media libra" is still being produced and available. As the name's a little long, I call it "Hoyo baccie".

As for the taste, it tastes pretty much like a hoyo (very average cigar).

You know how they tell you this or that blend tastes like a cigar because it has cigar leaf in it, but when you smoke it it's baccie? - Well, this stuff actually does taste like a cigar.

Mikem":xd1b12z4 said:
C&D has a blend called Purple Cow (of all things) with Maduro cigar leaf but I doubt if it is Cuban cigar leaf. Pretty good blend IMHO.
Pretty sure that would be a violation of the embargo if it were Cuban...

-Andrew

ooh, ooh, oh, oh, oh! now that just looks tasty! as a new lover of cigar blends, now I have two new blends to try! embargo, schmargo! has that embargo ever done anyone any good? I consider myself a rabid anti-cummunist, but even I think we need to re-think our approach to cuba.

Slow Puffs":c0xw9zlw said:
Robert McConnell has one called Pure Havana...
This tobacco has a great flavor, unfortunately it burns too fast (but not too hot). It's meant as a blending tobacco. I wish there was a way to slow its burn rate down without changing its taste.

"...As for the taste, it tastes pretty much like a hoyo (very average cigar)."

I've had the second one pictured. It's okay as a spice, fairly nasty by itself. RE spice leaf, I have better luck using a decent, mild cigar.

Buddy

I do believe they have stopped production on the partagas cigar.

As for the embargo just wait until Fidel passes away. His brother Raul, is much more interested on opening Cuba's doors to the world and when he says this it means america. He would never do it while Fidel is alive however but i still find the embargo a tad prideful.

Also, i find it silly that you can go to jail for being in possession of cuban cigars when you can own other types of cigars. Wierd.

Pipes2Smoke offers a Cuban cigar mixture that sounds good, but it's pricy enough that I don't want to try it. "cause if it is that good, I'd be worse off pining for it than just never knowing.

Cuban cigars are definitely an oligarchial thing (no peasants need apply). General "Stormin' Norman" Schwartzkoff of the Desert Storm campaign was famous for his cuban cigar consumption. He called it "Burning the enemy's crops -- one at a time."

:face:

A lot of great Habanos can be had in the five dollar range.
Way better and way cheaper than many so called "super premium" non-cubans.

Hermit":83hgxu9u said:
A lot of great Habanos can be had in the five dollar range.
Way better and way cheaper than many so called "super premium" non-cubans.
Absolutely - and for $10, you can get some fantastic Cuban cigars. That is, if it were legal you could...which it's not...so I would never do that...I just heard this from some guy... :face:

Anyone know Obama's take on Cuba?

Ramon":f44nds8a said:
Buddy Springman":f44nds8a said:
I've had the second one pictured.
They're one and the same: I took a pic from each side. ;-)
:lol: You can tell it didn't make a great impression on me. Bring on the Robusto!

Buddy